Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 2:26:29 AM EDT

I've been reading all the helpful info posted on the site by all the old salts "in the know" about buying an AR, and while I haven't posted much, I have found that searching the forums have provided me with everything I could want to know about making my first AR purchase.

Ok, it's my first AR(and certainly not my last), and definitely not as nice as some of the sweet AR's some of you guys have, but it's my first "Black Rifle", courtesy of AR15.com industry partners.  

It's a Rock River Arms, Post-ban M4gery.

I bought the M4 tactical entry upper from Donnie at Sableco.

The lower from Pete-in-NH at Legal Transfers...

and picked up a couple of the pre-ban USGI British steel mags from John at Lauer Industries on the equipment exchange..
(BTW, ALL OF THE ABOVE GUYS ARE ABSOLUTELY GREAT TO DEAL WITH!  I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.)

So, I just want to say a big THANKS to everyone who have made this site what is, so that newbie peons like myself can access the recources here and get started in shooting AR's.  I guess the next order of business will be for me to become a paying member.

Thanks to all
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats Naked_Scot, they are nice guys to deal with aren't they, and the Equipment Exchange, well it's got everything an AR-15/M-16 wanna-be owner could possibly desire.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:58:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes sir, MR_Wilson, the EE kicks arse!

As soon as I save up a little more $$$ on my meager State of FL employee salary, I intend to stock up on some more goodies.... gratuitous number of extra mags, optics, sling, etc, etc!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats now go shoot it!! Oh and please put your Kilt back on!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome! Let us know how it shoots!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the addiction & congrats!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Good Job! and Congratulations Scotsman!

Now if you can go over to the ammo forum and get the right ammo for your rifle.  

And Good shooting!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Hehe.......and you thought you knew what being broke was.........this isn't a flattop, is it?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats! Post a pic of your new AR when you can!
ENJOY!

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the fraternity.

Allow me to introduce your new best friend

Eric the ammo man!

He'll help feed your addiction.

[edited because I type like I shoot]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Bloody good, old chap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the club!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top