Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 2:40:09 PM EDT
I ordered some steel Steyr & some aluminum FN mags from Old Gun Supply in Fort Worth last week.  Got 'em Wednesday & wow, I'm happy.

Steyr mags are green parked, finish is at least 95 percent, and half of the 10 I bought look like they never fed a round.  The FN's are in about the same shape.  Not saying they're nib, but all look like they spent a little time on the drill field & never saw combat.

$100 delivered for 20 mags.  See www.oldgunsupply.com/Magazines.php.  Nice folks, like you'd expect from Texas.

No affilliation, yada, yada.

-hanko

Edited to add that since the first batch was so good, I just received another 40 more; 20 each aluminum & Styer steel.  Very little wear on either type, the Styer's will take a bit of cleaning.  So far, disassembly & washing everything in Coleman fuel (outdoors, of course) ends up giving me a bunch of beautiful mags.  Like the first batch, most show no scratches on the followers, just a little evidence outside that they've been in & out of a rifle a few times.

-hanko
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#1]
bad link
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Fixed.   -hanko
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a bunch of the Steyr mags from them a few months back and they all looked new. Great service and fast shipping too. They get an A++ in my book!
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Did the mags you bought have cosmoline on them, or were they ready to be used?

I ask because the last bunch I bought (from another source) came generously coated with the cosmoline, and it takes some work to get it all off the mags.  

I's say you got a really great deal if they are ready to use.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely ready.

-hanko
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#6]
EE, EE & EE. FAL files, subguns, and dont forget the gun shows.

I have found good FAL mags dirt cheap at funshows, got the 10 for (I forget but it was cheap), walked around and went back and hit him again.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#7]
So which mags are better....steel or aluminum?  I need to get some more for my FAL.

Thanks,

Brad
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So which mags are better....steel or aluminum?  I need to get some more for my FAL.

Thanks,

Brad

Well that would depend on what's 'better' to you...i would say, go steel if you want rugged mags,,on the other hand if you want lighter mags go ALUM.  I wanted hardcore mags so all of my mags are steel.
Just my two cents.

HUNTER.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks hunter.  I'm thinking steel is what I want.  

Brad
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:56:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks hunter.  I'm thinking steel is what I want.  

Brad

Anytime!

HUNTER
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Also, Tapco has used Metric Steel mags. $4.99 each, or $4.00 if you buy 10 or more. They have aluminum for a little more as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Also, Tapco has used Metric Steel mags. $4.99 each, or $4.00 if you buy 10 or more. They have aluminum for a little more as well.

No Comment
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:55:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Comment

Wise choice.
HUNTER.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Comment

Wise choice.
HUNTER.

Thank You.

Like my Aunt Jane used to say, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Comment

Wise choice.
HUNTER.

Thank You.

Like my Aunt Jane used to say, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all!

HUNTER.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top