Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 12:17:32 PM EST
I've decided to get an FAL. I live in central Ohio, and I'm what you might call "price conscious", so I've decided that ORF is the place for me. I just called them and they said that they have a carbine in stock (18" barrell). I had originally planned to get a standard model for the longer barrell (21"), but they said it would be up to a month before they have them. My question is: what/how much do I lose by going with the 18" vs the 21"? What is the normal acceptable maximum effective range of each?

Thanks for any and all useful replies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:53:00 PM EST
Sorry. Can't really supply you with any intelligent information. I have read though that the 18" configuration doesn't affect things too much.
Seems like I read it on the Arizona Response site. Some good info there.

Man, I'd really like to hear what you think of the ORF rifle when and if you get it. I don't have a FAL as of yet but I am salivating. I'm going to try my hand at a build also but am seriously considering ORF due to price and the good things I have read about them. Would love to hear your thoughts on the store and folks. Wish they were in my neck o the woods.

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:07:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:54:50 PM EST
Unless you're shooting past 800yds you have nothing to worry about.
Top Top