Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2004 1:17:32 PM EDT
I've decided to get an FAL.  I live in central Ohio, and I'm what you might call "price conscious", so I've decided that ORF is the place for me.  I just called them and they said that they have a carbine in stock (18" barrell).  I had originally planned to get a standard model for the longer barrell (21"), but they said it would be up to a month before they have them.  My question is:  what/how much do I lose by going with the 18" vs the 21"?  What is the normal acceptable maximum effective range of each?

Thanks for any and all useful replies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry.  Can't really supply you with any intelligent information.  I have read though that the 18" configuration doesn't affect things too much.  
Seems like I read it on the Arizona Response site.  Some good info there.

Man, I'd really like to hear what you think of the ORF rifle when and if you get it.  I don't have a FAL as of yet but I am salivating.   I'm going to try my hand at a build also but am seriously considering ORF due to price and the good things I have read about them.  Would love to hear your thoughts on the store and folks.  Wish they were in my neck o the woods.  

Good luck!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you're shooting past 800yds you have nothing to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top