Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 2:32:09 PM EDT
Anyone know if the Ti-Rant 45 shooting 9mm will be as quiet as my Multimount? I have (6) 9mm hosts but want a 45 can in the mix but want something that will also shoot quiet 9mm
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:29:20 PM EDT
[#1]
So I found a Ti-Rant 45 shooting 9mm video from SilencerShop review showing avg. 29dB reduction and the GemTech site shows 34dB reduction for the Multimount
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I found a Ti-Rant 45 shooting 9mm video from SilencerShop review showing avg. 29dB reduction and the GemTech site shows 34dB reduction for the Multimount
View Quote

I could do an ear test right now, but my neighbor's dog rats me out every time. I have barely shot my Ti-Rant 45, let alone on a 9mm, but I'm going to guess the Ti-Rant has a better tone than the Multimount. I haven't shot my MM much since I acquired a Ti-Rant 9(better tone), Liberty Infiniti(made me realize the MM has a FRP) and my Octane 9(more durable). Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a TiRant 45 that I shoot more 9 than 45 through. It works great. My current favorite host is a 9mm Tavor with a TROS Tri lug mount which mates up perfectly with the JB Tactical TiRant 45 trilug mount.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both and its my opinion that the MM is quieter than any 45 can on the market.  I still believe the old Multimount is very underrated.  

Having said that. It's very hard to deny the flexibility of the 45 cans.  The performance is good enough to make me lean towards the 45 cans.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both and its my opinion that the MM is quieter than any 45 can on the market.  I still believe the old Multimount is very underrated.  

Having said that. It's very hard to deny the flexibility of the 45 cans.  The performance is good enough to make me lean towards the 45 cans.
View Quote

I have a Multimount and love it and wanted another 9mm (or 9mm flexibility) since I have so many hosts and when I go shoot with people I want another pistol can in the mix.

So it sounds like getting the 45 can would be a better option than just another 9mm can
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top