Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:37:41 PM EDT
GLFS for your Chicom barrel?

A poll has been started over on the M14 Forum for those that have chicom barreled rifle(s).
Check it out.
LINK

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
For those of you who can't just look at a random acronym and figure out what it means, GLFS = Gas Lock Fron Sight.  i.e. I htink it is one of the nifty HK style front sights that SMG Lee and others have been installing recently...
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
just out of curiosity,
what is wrong with the standard (or match) front sight

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
just out of curiosity,

it isn't new and trendy.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
There are two GLFS currently in use -
Hooded HK style and standard dove tail.

The poll is to determine how many would
like these made available for the Chicom
barrels.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
This is why I want a metric thread Smith Enterprise, Inc. combination gas cylinder lock front sight.  With my 17 5/8 " Chinese chromium plated barrel I would lose 1 3/8 " sight radius over the traditional M14 front sight but I would get to use my M14 sound suppressor.  BTW, this same "can" can be used on an AR15 with a SEI Vortex flash hider. We live in a world of give and take.  

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:27:43 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
just out of curiosity,

=============
For it's intended purpose, absolutely nothing.  Howver, as also stated by Different above, the main reason you mght need the patent-pending GLFS is to facilitate the use of the M14DC Sound and Flash Suppressor as emplyed by 2ID (M14SE), 3 ACR(M14SE), USAF(MK 14), USN (MK14 Mod O & M14SE), 10SFG (MK14 SEI) and soon a foreign ally.  Other US Army units pending. In sum, it is a military consideration.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#7]
These are allready available in Canada .
I have one in my spare parts box . A machinist up there makes them I forget who though
.I Bought mine for $60 .
HTH Mike
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
These are allready available in Canada .
I have one in my spare parts box . A machinist up there makes them I forget who though
.I Bought mine for $60 .
HTH Mike

================
Ah, there is a patent pending on the SEI GLFS.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top