Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 3:13:54 PM EDT
Well i really want a M1A in my collection,,And i have heard good thing about Fulton armory only except that it is pricey,but i dont mind spending more on a quality rifle..

So what do u guys think?

i will be getting the Fulton Armory M14  Peerless Rifle.
Fulton Armory Rear Lugged M14 Receiver
Made with Original USGI Parts
Fulton Armory Medium Weight Stainless Steel NM Barrel
For Krieger Barrel, Add 200
New NM Walnut Stock with Flawless Glass Bedding
NM Gas Cylinder
NM Spring Guide
Polished Gas Piston
Ten-Round Magazine
NM Rear Sight
NM Front Sight
NM Trigger Modification
Sling
Manual: "The M14 Owner's Guide" by Duff & Miller
Lovingly Built One at a Time
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Call for Options & Delivery Time
Guaranteed UNDER 1.0 MOA! with Optional Kri

ANd what is the benifets of the Krieger Barrel?got alot of extra cash to waste

Thnx

edit to add specs
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#1]
After seeing a Fulton Armory AR-15 upper in action over the weekend, I wouldn't hesitate to order a Fulton Armory product. I've been surfing thier website for a week trying to figure out what my next ar purchase is going to be.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
So the  Krieger Barrel is a match barrel? ANd the stock barrel of the peerless is chrome lined?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#4]
For $2200, you could buy a standard Springfield M1A, a Garand (CMP) and a 1903A3 rifle.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:03:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Fulton Liberator carbine and a classic 20" flat top upper. Really top notch gear. No issues. So these cats do quality work and really care about the customer. I had Walt and Clint working with all of my questions!

As to whether the "peerless" is worth it, it really depends on 1) checkbook 2)Are you looking for a battlerifle to shoot mil-surp or 3)do you want a hand fitted precsion rifle that requires greater care all around?

Now, to be clear, I'm NOT saying that a rack grade rifle doesn't diserves as much love, care and respect as a jazzed up match grade rifle. What I'm trying to point out is the difference between uses. Example: When you go prone with the rack grade, you won't mind laying it on the ground and then brushing off the dust...with the peerless, you'll want to use a silk hanky to dust off your baby.  The mindset is different when you're using a $1200 vs. $3000 rifle.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have managed to shoot ~1" 4 shot groups several times at 100 yds with my iron sighted USGI M1A, from prone and bench, using milsurp (Port, Aussie, and South African). I usually manage to pull the 5th shot out of the group-but that is a reflection on my shooting skills, not the rifle.

Unless you are a serious bench rest competitor, the standard chromelined barrel is plenty accurate.

If you want a Fulton, by all means get it. They are supposed to be a great rifle. I would also prefer to get as many USGI parts on my rifle as possible, which is something you probably won't find on new production Springfields. I don't think you would go wrong by buying an older Springfield built with USGI parts, and would certainly save some $ by doing so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I)Are you looking for a battlerifle to shoot mil-surp?

Doh i forgot about that..Will the peerless shoot milsurp?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would also prefer to get as many USGI parts on my rifle as possible, which is something you probably won't find on new production Springfields. I don't think you would go wrong by buying an older Springfield built with USGI parts, and would certainly save some $ by doing so.

Same here i want a rifle with as much USGI parts.Those older SA are harder to find though
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I am building an M4 type, only I am using one of Fulton's A-1 C-7 uppers. All I can say is that the quality is outstanding. Last weekend I installed a Bushmaster 14.5, M203 canfigured bbl. with the Ak flash on it. the parts for the upper were from Fulton also. Excellent quality. Everything went together  just dandy. I had ordered one of Fulton's GI complete bolts and bolt carriers about two weeks ago. As of yesterday it hadn't arrived, so I called them. The girl checked and then told me it was being assembled as we spoke. She said it would arrive Wed. However when I got home from work tonight what did I find waiting for me but a brand spanking new bolt and carrier. Beautiful piece of work. Chrome-lined and all. Talk about fast service!

It is now nestled snugly inside of my Fulton upper. Intend to fire it this weekend and see what happens. Btw, it is on an Oly lower. Hopefully next month the upper will be sitting on top of a Fulton lower. After that I am going to shoot the crap out of the Oly plinker and so how it holds up. In any case I highly recommend Fulton. They may be a bit pricey but you know what they say about what you get. And if your wondering I am going to put an Vltor collapsable on Fulton. Rest in peace AWB and I hope a stake is driven through your heart.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#10]
If your looking for a fun gun shooter ... Shooting Military surplus ay the range and not going to shoot this rifle in a Sanctioned Match... Get a STANDARD.... Now if your into shooting Matches.., Get the Peerless. IMO. I think you would have  alittle more fun with a Standard, ( Cheaper, Chromed line barrel, and not as concerned with scrathes.. ) . I have a SA NM and two ea Standard  Service grades M14 . I shoot the Standards 4 to 1 over the NM. A Chromed barrel will last at least twice as many rounds vs a non chromed Match barrel IMO. It's really what do you want???? A very Nice NM rifle or a Very Nice Standard ( closer to milspec ) ..... Anyway you go Fulton is top Knotch and glad your getting one of the best Battle rifles ever made....... WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Walt,
What's your favorite type of service rifle and why?

M1
M-14
AR

Thanks...
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:36:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Walt,
What's your favorite type of service rifle and why?

M1
M-14
AR

Thanks...

M1.............check
M-14..........check
AR.............check

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I)Are you looking for a battlerifle to shoot mil-surp?

Doh i forgot about that..Will the peerless shoot milsurp?

I remember one of the young dudes who worked the counter at a local gun was showing off his tricked out Supermatch M1A. With the glass on top it was about 3 grand. Too much rifle for the likes of him. Hell, too much rifle for me since I'm not looking to pop hostage takers.

So what does the owner tell me, while shaking his head, the following week? He recounts the tale of this dude going to the range and firing the cheapest crap he could find, despite being told it would be a sin to do so. He had to send it back to Spring Field with a round lodged in the barrel...

Match the weapon to the task, the ammo to the weapon. If you buy a peerless, the ammo better not come out of a box with chinese writing on it.

You may want to go with a standard and work your way up. You'll sure have lots of fun and not worry about dings...and save a large chunk of change.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you have to glass bed a synthetic stock?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Just called Fulton Armory and they said it would take 4 months too reach me.

And i will have no proof of residency by then.. Lease on my car will be up...Guess i will be getting a socom to tie me up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top