Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 4:09:23 PM EDT
I just ordered an "As New" birch M14 stock from Fred for 75 bucks. Anybody have experience with Fred's grading system? I'm hoping my as new stock will actually look as new. Wishful thinking?
TIA
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just ordered an "As New" birch M14 stock from Fred for 75 bucks. Anybody have experience with Fred's grading system? I'm hoping my as new stock will actually look as new. Wishful thinking?
TIA

I have never bought from Freds. But many friends have. They have never been disappointed. Have patience with Fred's I hear they can be slow at times with delivery. Good luck, WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The Birch stock on my LRB in this pic was purchased as a "As New"

And you will be surprised on how nice they really are
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll like it but it may take awhile to get to you . Freds a hoot
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I've bought many times from Fred, always gotten something better than I ordered.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:13:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I love Freds.  I ordered a stock and targets a week ago thursday.  Got the package in two days.  The stock was a VGC synthetic for $60.  Looked like it had never been used to me.  

You will be happy and will enjoy the extra targets and other goodies that he is sending out for Christmas.  He also threw in an extra handguard for me.

As new will be just that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Fred is a jerk. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Fred is dead.

Fred was the owners Dog. I believe he met a sad end during an encounter with a moving POV.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fred is dead.

Fred was the owners Dog. I believe he met a sad end during an encounter with a moving POV.

Dead Fred and Fred's owner are jerks. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn Bill you must be pissed off with Jack. Your right he is a crazy jerk
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn Bill you must be pissed off with Jack. Your right he is a crazy jerk

Yep ! I tried to do business with him a couple of years ago and found it to be impossible.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I am confused, must be inside joke stuff.  I am thrilled with the service I received.  Parts were packed and shipped in 18 hours.  Then extra targets and an extra handguard along with all kinds of literature were added to the order.  That was just icing on the cake.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am confused, must be inside joke stuff.  I am thrilled with the service I received.  Parts were packed and shipped in 18 hours.  Then extra targets and an extra handguard along with all kinds of literature were added to the order.  That was just icing on the cake.

No need to be confused. He gave me shitty service (none at all !).  I was not the first or the last he has done this to. I'm happy it didn't happen to you.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a LK new birch stock.Its excellent P marked with the eagle with 3 stars acceptance mark.Couple of small dings on stock.But plate anodized green.My stock is up for trade in the equipment exchange.Stock is great and never used.Got a synthetic.Stock is too nice for the field.It took awhile to get to me but its real nice for the money.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Fred's owner may very well be a jerk.

Lot's of people who know him feel that way. He shoots a mean M1A for what it's worth and he really believes in the "cook or rifleman" stuff. I know the AQT targets at 25 meters have really improved my shooting.  He is really just a one man operation with a warehouse chocked full of stuff piled up head high so his delivery times are long.

But Fred. Well Fred was just a dog.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Update

I got the stock today, about a week after I ordered it. It's a darker color than I expected but it's growing on me minute by minute. I'm thinking a Les Tam sling in black will absolutely kick ass on this rifle.
Here's a really quick pick of the stock - keep in mind it has yet to receive a proper cleaning/oiling...

And today after 1 coat of tung oil, with a Turner All Weather Sling in OD. I'm definitely going with the Les Tam at this point, but this will do for now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats!!!  Another satisfied Freds Customer
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:21:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Did he send you a little freebie ? Freds has about all the little trinkets and M1A stuff you'll need . I got two nights worth of reading material to boot .

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did he send you a little freebie ? Freds has about all the little trinkets and M1A stuff you'll need . I got two nights worth of reading material to boot .

Good Ol grandpa jack. I bought a synthetic stock from fred got some neat toys with it, got the lower grade for some camo paint fun. I use it more then my nice "new" stock that came on the gun :)
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Yep, almost forgot

Different types of targets I haven't had a chance to look at yet, some excellent Freds reading material, and a handguard to boot.

I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Ive got great stuff from Fred, had to pay out the nostrels and took forever, but what I got from Fred was awesome.  Freds the dog BTW
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:08:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice stock.  I like the rifle too!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Ive got great stuff from Fred, had to pay out the nostrels and took forever, but what I got from Fred was awesome.  Freds the dog BTW

And the dog is dead.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn right......LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top