Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2005 12:27:38 PM EDT
You know, in all the talks about explosive devices and how they are considered DDs, I have never seen anyone talk about the other grenades our guys use in both law enforcement and urban combat: Flashbangs, Smoke grenades, and tear gas grenades. What are these considered as by the ATF, and are they permissible for the common person to have, say for a SHTF situation?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Flashbangs..........NO=DD.

Smoke...........YES-Check local laws.

CS............YES-Check local laws.

This is for the pesents only
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can you buy CS or smoke grenades? Now that's something I need to add to the collection
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
oh yea.  i need mil smoke  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where can you buy CS or smoke grenades? Now that's something I need to add to the collection

Check the EE.  Some come up every now and then.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
oh yea.  i need mil smoke  

You dont "need" an H&K either.  Then again, if you really did need it you would be glad you had it eh?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Live action Counter-Strike??          

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Due to a personal experiance in this area, I would highly recommend that you A)never "test", "play with", or otherwise use these anywhere near where other people might be, as they can bring you to court if they claim to have been affected by it, and B) In the event you mean to possibly use it around yourself or other people, or on other people, you might want a working mask and long sleeves w/gloves.

-Ben
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Due to a personal experiance in this area, I would highly recommend that you A)never "test", "play with", or otherwise use these anywhere near where other people might be, as they can bring you to court if they claim to have been affected by it, and B) In the event you mean to possibly use it around yourself or other people, or on other people, you might want a working mask and long sleeves w/gloves.

-Ben

+1 CS is like owning an antique katana, you don't play it it and see how sharp it is, you just believe it(but if you wanna gas yourslef, go ahead, it's quite an experience)..
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1 CS is like owning an antique katana, you don't play it it and see how sharp it is, you just believe it(but if you wanna gas yourslef, go ahead, it's quite an experience)..

Yeah, on second thought, you should try it.  Not many people get to experiance it ya know.

-Ben
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Just have the shower running before you gas yourself. Cuz you're gonna need it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Chuck Schumer said flashbangs are not destructive devices.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
you pansies  CS is not that bad,   make your nose run a little bit,  might make your eyes red somewhat  but its good for your sinuses!!

I got the Gas training twice At  Ft. Knox     the first time kinda sucked,  the second wasnt that bad.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#13]
It's perfectly legal to own a flashbang, assuming you pay the tax and find someone who will sell one to you.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, I could use some Smoke and stuff for my BOB.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm pretty sure the stuff the military uses for training isn't a full blown cs grenade and is generally a "light" version of what you get. I've also went thru it 2x and I agree- it's not terrible- but it's not something I'd want to sit in or fight while it's present.......
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Chuck Schumer said flashbangs are not destructive devices.

[\chuckieatwacohearings] Oh come on please!  Everyone with half a brain knows flash bangers cannot hurt people.  And you, your a marine colonel, you should know better than that!  You trying to tell this committee that they can maim people, and kill them?  I think we all know that to be false, and I am offended you would waste our time with such a proposition.  Flash Bangers are NOT destructive and they are NOT grenades. [\chuckieatwacohearings]

I know there are some dumb new yorkers, but come on.  Who the hell elected this guy?

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it legal to make your own smoke grenades or will the BATF kick down your door? The last thing I would want is ATF agents taping together a trashcan and a butane lighter and claiming to be a WMD
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I remember a time before CS/CN/OC that police departments had DM gas grenades(vomit gas)
downside was it killed people that couldnt get out of a concentration of it...example: barricaded gunman with hostages. That is nasty stuff....ever find one of those greades in granpa's attic best not try it on yourself
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I remember a time before CS/CN/OC that police departments had DM gas grenades(vomit gas)
downside was it killed people that couldnt get out of a concentration of it...example: barricaded gunman with hostages. That is nasty stuff....ever find one of those greades in granpa's attic best not try it on yourself

sounds like nasty stuff
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the stuff the military uses for training isn't a full blown cs grenade and is generally a "light" version of what you get. I've also went thru it 2x and I agree- it's not terrible- but it's not something I'd want to sit in or fight while it's present.......

From someone who has run numerous NBC battle runs in their career, I can attest to making that room pretty fucking bad for anyone.  I love CS, I can breath it fine but the eyes, thats the killer.  Best when its hot out and everyone is sweaty.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Do they still do the tear-gas **** in boot camp like they used to?  I remember that day, my eyes were running, my nose was running and sadly my feet were not.

Peace,

Dean
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Be careful with the flashbangs, they can remove fingers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top