Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/1/2002 6:36:19 PM EDT
As some of you may remember, my Sig P228 pistol broke about three weeks ago. I called SigArms last week and they sent me the right side trigger spring at no charge. It arrived in the mail today. It was a very easy 5 second install. So I now have my Sig back in operation!!

SigSauer is topnotch as far as I am concerned!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 6:44:20 PM EDT
Oh boy.....Thats interesting. I have a SIG 228. I have had only one jam up with about 400 rounds. What do you think caused your problem? I am very interested cause my 228 is my "concealed carry" gun.

thanks....

Oh, glad to here that you got your problem squared away.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 9:32:00 PM EDT
Orion526,

I bought the P228 second hand two years ago. SInce then I have put way over 2000+ rounds thru it myself, who knows how many were fired before that. If you take off your grips you will see a 3/4 circular wire/spring towards the top. This is what broke. It holds up the lever that attaches the trigger to the hammer. I have had the pistols grips off a few times and this wire tends to catch on things, this I believe was the main cause of its fatigue.

When I called SigSauer(603-772-2302) they told me it was reccommended that this wire/spring get replaced every 3 years, regardless of how many rounds fired thru it. Like I said earlier, they sent me the spring for free!! Give them a call and maybe they can send on out to you, just in case you ever need it. It really is simple to put in, just hook one side into a hole and slide the other end into a grove. If you take your grips off and look at the one installed now you will understand how it works.

I will reiterate: I believe the springs breakage was more the result of my actions than anything else.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 10:31:20 PM EDT
Good deal.

Thank you sir....
Top Top