Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2005 4:08:27 PM EDT
Finally got a scope on her and shot her today and all I can say is.......WHAT A RUSH!  I only put 10 rounds down the barrel but those 10 rounds left a crap load of copper in the barrel.  One thing I noticed, the allen screw on my Prince M60 bipod unscrewed itself after 5 rounds and the bipod began to slide off.  Should I use some of the "blue" lock tight on the screw when I tighten her back down or is there another trick I should know?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I fondly remember the first rush of my AR-50 :)

That is a serious weapon and the Price50 stuff is asome. I used the blue locktite on every screw on that rifle. No slippage :)

I also used the little washer trick to take all the side-to-side rocking that Price50 builds into the bipod. I found that I can shoot much more accurately with it rock solid.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Tazaroo  welcome to the 50BMG Club.

Use Locktight 242. I used 242 on my Price50 mono pod. The man puts out very good products.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:43:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:35:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Having just sent in deposit for the 50 in my furure all I can say is GOOD FOR YOU!   I bet it was a great time indeed.

The blue Locktite should be fine as you can get stuff apart later if you need to with the blue stuff.  Just clean off any oil or other lube with alcohol or similar before you put on a drop of the blue stuff like the package says.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:50:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's what most people do with the bipod adaptor, myself included.

I mount mine at the front end of the stock, tighten down the adaptor and then take it off. Get a punch and mark where the screw came into contact and then use a drill to make a SMALL mark in the stock. All you want is a place where the screw can line up at everytime you put the adaptor back on, so don't go crazy drilling into the stock.

Did you get the thumbscrew for the bolt release from Darin? It's also one of those must have items for the AR-50 besides the bipod and monopod.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to shoot really tight groups get rid of the bipod.  Darin Prince makes a very nice product but so long as you are shooting off a relatively wobbly bipod you will never get all you can out of your .50.  If you are shooting for shits and giggles then the Prince bipod is the best there is and go for it.  But if you want the tighest groups out of your 50 get a good heavy tripod adjustable front rest and at least a bunny ear sandbag for the rear rest.  Better yet, a rear tripod rest also but the only ones I know of low enough are very expensive and sold by Action Gun Works.
If for casual plinking forget everything I just typed.

+1 on the Prince bolt release.  The Armalite system is a very poor also-ran compared to the Prince release.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top