Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2002 10:44:38 AM EDT
I live in TN and I'm thinking about getting my carry permit. I was wondering if someone can give me a little insight on the classes and what you have to do to qualify.

I think the classes here are $60 bucks. How much is it to get the license? Do you have to renew it every so often?

Whats the distance that you have to shoot?

I hear its an 8 hour course. Is most of it classroom time? Do you watch videos and do work from a textbook?

How hard is the test? Is it pretty easy to take?

I'd appreciate any info you can give me on this subject. I'd really like to be able to carry.
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
If you go to the nraila .org web site,they have all the laws state by state on ccw and general gun laws.Just click on the research button,I hope this helps...

Jim
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
look here too
www.packing.org = www.packing.org
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Class costs vary from instructor to instructor. Most are $75 & up & you always get what you pay for. It is a 8 hour minimum, 4 in class, 4 on the range.

After that you go to the Dept. of Safety, usually a drivers license station, & pay them $95 CASH. Those @!#$%^&* will NOT take a check!!! Take your certification from your class with you. They fingerprint you & some stations require an appointment because they're too !@#$%^&* stupid to have everyone there know how to fingerprint someone. I strongly urge you to get the second copy of the license for the additional $5. Be sure you tell them this else you will have to go back to the END of the line again.

After that they have a 90 day maximum period in which to issue you your license. I got mine back in 88 days.

Be prepared to deal with the dumbest creatures on Earth when you go to the testing stations. They must pay these bozos $12k a year & they get exactly what they pay for.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top