Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 8:10:40 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the IOM version will have any problems accepting the standard capacity magazines after the ban? I really like the idea of one but if I'm stuck with 10 rounds that pistols looses alot of it's apeal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
20 rounders will work fine! Tell them which model you have.....IOM I would assume.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#2]
IOM has a magazine disconnect in a different location.   I removed the disconnect last weekend & the weapon worked fine.  I plan to buy some 20rd magazine next week to test out  My local store has several in stock.

I have some concern that the mag disconnect may be used to help retain the trigger pin.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't got my hicaps for the 57 yet.  However, I helped a guy at the gun store who got his 20rd mags.  We fired it in a drum at the store to test it out.  

This gets complicated. After removing the magazine disconnect, the pistol failed to eject. Why the mag disconnect affected the ejection, we haven't determined yet.  However, we noticed that these hicaps mags had the same ridge has the 10rd mags. So, we put the mag disconnect back in the gun & the 20rd mags worked (except wouldn't lock the slide back on the last round).  

The first hicaps that the store got in months ago did not have the same ridge on the mags. That's why we thought the mag disconnect would have to be removed. So, there appears be two different types of FiveSeven 20rd magazines out there.

I found these photos at www.cmmginc.com which shows the 'older' style mag that would not activate the mag disconnect & the 10rd mag.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the vertical ridge on the side of the mag body goes higher & flares out at the top on the 10rd mags

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wait!  I just ordered 20 rounders for mine.  Are they going to work?  I don't like the idea of changing the GUN to fit the MAG.  Ya know?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I finally got my hicaps. They were the type that won't contact the magazine disconnect. I removed the mag disconnect & fired 100 rds through pistol.  The weapon had no malfunctions. The weapon handled great especially on quick follow up shots. (This is where everyone supposes to say that I'll need them with that little bullet )

100 rds isn't much, but hopefully this is a good sign.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]
DeMarcus, Where did you get your 20 rounders?
JR
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:02:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
DeMarcus, Where did you get your 20 rounders?
JR

Sorry about not replying sooner.

My local dealer in Atlanta had them.  They got around 20 mags & they were all sold before they got to the store.  I paid $35, but was told that the next bunch would probably be $45.

www.cmmginc.com lists them as backordered.  I watching to see if they get some in.  We're probably just going to have to wait until post-AWB buying frenzy dies down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top