Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:14:45 PM EDT
I'm afraid of just buying a Franken-FAL from who knows where.

I'm looking for the best, and preferably most economical, way of building an StG-58.

There are prices all over the place for good Type 1 receivers.

Tell me where you would buy your receiver, parts kit and compliance parts. Links would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Right now there is kind of a dry spell for quality HTS sets and receivers.  ORF had some imbels in stock but they just sold out. DCI receivers have been on back order for like 27 years. DSA receivers are on back order also. Vulcan has stopped making receivers. So i think the only receivers on the market right now from dealers are CAI and enterprise both have a history of sucking qa wise.

HTS are the in same boat. FSE stopped making them DSA has a 3 month backorder.  There are some vulcan and cai sets floating around but i dont know how they rate quality wise. Gunparts guy has his own HTS but they only count as 2 compliance parts because the sear is foreign made.

So good luck with your build the market is good for kits right now but the other stuff is getting hard to find.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]
try the dealer warehouse for an imbel receiver.  Its about a 2 month wait ($179).  Get your parts kit from DSA ($299) and buy/rent the tools ($???).  As for US parts, try tapco and DSA.  DSA told me the THS will be available in July.  You'll definetely need some patience.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a link for dealer warehouse??

When I enter that URL, I get something that says "WOWNAME"...?!?!?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do you have a link for dealer warehouse??

When I enter that URL, I get something that says "WOWNAME"...?!?!?

The Dealer Warehouse
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top