Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 3:20:50 PM EDT
Looking for someone to repark my STG58 parts kit and build the rifle on a DSA reciever.  Who will do this?

Also, my parts kit is 103XXX so I assume this is a Steyr gun and not a FN kit.

And are all STG58 build on type 1 receivers?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
go with arizona response sysytems.....from what I have heard and seen they do very good work
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only good things to say about Randy at Sledgehammer.  There's a good list of builders on Falfiles.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
go with arizona response sysytems.....from what I have heard and seen they do very good work

The only issue with ARS is that Mark on his web site was quoting 6 to 12 month turnaround times.

At least all of the Belgian STG's were Type I, but there are Type II and even some Type III versions floating around. The T III's and some of the T II's were rebuilt rifles.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I just had Moses [John Glover] do a Stg build on a DSA receiver for me.  He cut the barrel down to 16.25", attached Muzzle Brake, & Gunkoted it in Satin Black.  It looks absolutly perfect and I could not be happier.  He test fired it, but I have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

John
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:01:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I had moses at the CMP armory to do a custom build for me.  They were supposed to gun-kote over park.  Well they done a coat of gunkote over a gun they never blasted much less parkerized.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Try Dan at VOW.  volunteerordnanceworks.com
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Also, I forgot to mention that this will be a authentic clone of a STG58.  ARS MetaCol finish is not goint to cut it if they cannot reparkerize.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a place closer to home for you...CGWco.  Outstanding service and his FFL is on file with DSA, so I shipped my parts to him, DSA shipped the receiver to him, he assembled, refinished and sent it to my FFL.  Great experience and I'm really happy with my DSA Congo built off a StG kit...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Derek Huffman is the man!!! His finish and builds are the best around IMHO.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Court Swett - FL , Has done 3 builds for me.   Also gets his hands on parts and receivers when you need them.   I have ZERO complaints and nothing but glowing reports about him.  Fast turn around (Except when hurricans roll through!), The price is right - Considerably less than the competition.
I have three or four FAL kits left and he'll be building eachof them.

I've also 'heard'  great things about all of these other companies thet people have listed here as well.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for John Glover/CMP Armory.   I've seen literally dozens of their builds......all were top notch!

Not sure what problems you had with 'em, 13foxtrot.   Not denying your "issues", but honastly, that doesn't sound anything like Johnny (he's an anal-retentave SOB when it comes to gunsmithing).   Have you contacted them?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I did mention to him that I wasnt completely happy with its finish.  The rifle was assembled  for 3 gun matches and is not a safe queen.  However the money I paid for the custom work it should have been returned a lot nicer than what it was.

My vote is for Dan at VOW.  He has done 3 builds for me and very reasonable pricing.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Court Swett - FL ,

Do you have contact info for him?

Court in FL is a member here and at FAL Files.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's an R1 kit that Derek at AZEX did for me earlier this year.  Great work.  

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:14:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Also, I forgot to mention that this will be a authentic clone of a STG58.  ARS MetaCol finish is not goint to cut it if they cannot reparkerize.

HUH??? Mark can Park a gun if you ask him to. He even tells people how to do it on his site.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#20]

I have only good things to say about Randy at Sledgehammer.

+10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top