Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 11:57:00 AM EDT
Any one have any experience with tanerite? I got a case of it and am heading up to the farm this weekend to shoot it and (call me irresponsible) see what kind of damage this stuff does. I guess I could say I'm doing it for the sake of science but come on you cant put something that explodes in my hands end expect me not to try and blow up something. hands
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
careful. I heard about some guys who blew up a large household appliance and it blew into the air and landed on one of their cars.
But this was like third-hand information.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
tanerite is AWSOME... be back from it though when you shoot it...  My first time I got to shoot some, I used a 8oz charge and just set it on the ground. Shot it from 100 yards, and it left a grapefruit sized crater in hard packed dirt. Enjoy it.... I sure did
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I am thinking of taking out a beaver dam - will it work ?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am thinking of taking out a beaver dam - will it work ?

Hell yeah it will.

ETA- show us the video of it. THats something we'd all like to see.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got to figure out how many bottles it is gonna take !
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#6]
just pile em on!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]
be careful. it's illegal in some places to blow up a beaver or muskrat dam
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Heard of some guys that mixed up couple gallons to take out an old hay barn. IT WORKED. Sheriff showed up in 10 min. and they got their asses chewedhen If this is true a beaver dam = no problemHave
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure you use some common sense. Don't use it around anything that can turn into shrapnel like loose rocks, metal, etc.... Several members here have had some close calls with flying debris. Ask 1nutgummer about his truck and the propane tank shrapnel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Make sure you use some common sense. Don't use it around anything that can turn into shrapnel like loose rocks, metal, etc.... Several members here have had some close calls with flying debris. Ask 1nutgummer about his truck and the propane tank shrapnel.

+1

Be careful & follow the directions.  Try one bottle first so you get an idea of its strength before you go throwing a bunch of bottles together.  We taped a single bottle to the side of a steel dumpster as a target.  For reference, at about 50-70yards from which we were shooting 9mm fire was just dimpling the steel, but not penetrating.  One bottle of Tannerite taped to the front face of the dumpster blew a nice size hole in the steel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Any one have the recipe for making it yourself? My hard drive crashed, and I lost it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone's got to  have a link to the tannerite washing machine video.  It's a riot, and it makes me think that 100 yards is too close if your going to do something silly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like fun..............which usually translates to dangerousBe carefull,and post pix!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
...Be carefull,and have the survivors post pix!!!

Fixed it for you.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Could not wait and tried a bottle yesterday at the Super Top Secret Long Carbine Training Grounds he Left about a 4'x4'x3' hole. The S.T.S.L.C.T.G. will never be the same Still going to the farm and can barley contain my self. 1000 yards of firing lane, all kinds if terrain, and a creek that is just aching to have the "effects of tanerite in water" experiment performed on it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
It's safe as long as there is NOTHING between you and the bottle. Anything in front of the bottle will come back at you when the Tannerite explodes. Just like anything behind blows away from you.

Be safe and put it IN FRONT of whatever you want to blow up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#17]

Any one have the recipe for making it yourself? My hard drive crashed, and I lost it.

Tag

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
careful. I heard about some guys who blew up a large household appliance and it blew into the air and landed on one of their cars.
But this was like third-hand information.

I was a shoot that this happened.  The washing machine was down in a valley and we were up above and over 100 yards back.  The top when way up, but a few small 6” square pieces fell out of the sky and ONE almost hit a truck.  

Very cool stuff….be careful.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#19]
had
In a land where the only noise besides the sound of neighboring birds is the occasional tractor things are about to take quite a different turn. Apparently loud and large explosions have an adverse effect on wildlife that has lived an otherwise undisturbed life. For some reason every ground hog within a thousand yards finds something to climb and proceeds to hang on for dear life ignoring all danger. I personally saw five of the critters, and it was kind of weird. You could walk up and shake the tree they were in and they would not even know you were there.  If you were a young lad with no respect for groundhogs, high powered rifles, and a large supply of explosives what would you do?
As a large boom made me blink the groundhog disappeared into vapor. I realized just how dangerous this stuff could be. The thing was gone. GONE. not a trace. As I stood there looking at a crater in the ground. My focus shifted to a leaf. I suddenly realized the thing had not disappeared- it was every where. Thousands of Tine red globs covered every thing for twenty feet. If you stood back you could almost see a red tint in every thing around the blast area.  DAMN!!! seemed to be the word for the day. One for the log books.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok quit playing around and give me the F-ing recipes for this wonderful concocton.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Here you go

Tannerite
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top