Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2006 8:53:04 PM EDT
Thinking buying one for my outdoor use (Hunting, hiking etc). I need your opinion, feedback etc. about this pack. Thank you for your cooperation
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
no issues with mine.  i did get longer shoulder straps for it, and removed hip belt.  wouldnt use it for a drag bag though.  dont load up the top pouch with heavy stuff or it will swing.  a carbine with short buttstock just barely sticks out.  usually i carry a shotgun in it when climbing/rappelling, in case a run into a grizzly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Big +1 on the top pouch swinging.  I might see about getting some straps added to be able to cinch the top pouch down and eliminate this.  It's a quality pack, and Glen Eberle himself answered the phone when I ordered mine.  Even asked if he could call me back because he was in the middle of backing up a trailer.  

As with Squad Leader, some longer shoulder straps might be in order if you're tall.  I'm 6'3", and it makes me feel a little scrunched if I'm using the hip belt.  I thought the hydration bladder that comes with it (100 oz) is good quality as well.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine alot and agree 100% with what both users have already said. I put two 70oz bladders in mine due to the pockets being only 5" wide.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you guys for your feedback.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I used mine pretty extensively worked nice when used with a dry bag. carries tons of water which is nice too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top