Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/26/2006 7:53:04 PM EST
Thinking buying one for my outdoor use (Hunting, hiking etc). I need your opinion, feedback etc. about this pack. Thank you for your cooperation
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 6:16:27 PM EST
no issues with mine. i did get longer shoulder straps for it, and removed hip belt. wouldnt use it for a drag bag though. dont load up the top pouch with heavy stuff or it will swing. a carbine with short buttstock just barely sticks out. usually i carry a shotgun in it when climbing/rappelling, in case a run into a grizzly.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:59:36 PM EST
Big +1 on the top pouch swinging. I might see about getting some straps added to be able to cinch the top pouch down and eliminate this. It's a quality pack, and Glen Eberle himself answered the phone when I ordered mine. Even asked if he could call me back because he was in the middle of backing up a trailer.

As with Squad Leader, some longer shoulder straps might be in order if you're tall. I'm 6'3", and it makes me feel a little scrunched if I'm using the hip belt. I thought the hydration bladder that comes with it (100 oz) is good quality as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:17:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/27/2006 8:18:36 PM EST by jdmpimp]
I like mine alot and agree 100% with what both users have already said. I put two 70oz bladders in mine due to the pockets being only 5" wide.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:47:11 PM EST
Thank you guys for your feedback.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:30:06 PM EST
I used mine pretty extensively worked nice when used with a dry bag. carries tons of water which is nice too.
Top Top