Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 12:24:19 PM EDT
Just got one in the mail. I have never heard of this, is it something new?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It may be. You're the second post like this I've seen...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you post a pic of it with your info redacted?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#3]

There was a copy of the error letter that went to the dealer enclosed that was on the same form. That looked completely normal, except that it came to me.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
That certainly would be handy for those out there stuck using a crappy dealer. Almost wish they'd send you a courtesy notice when it's approved. Seen too many people not find out for a month or more after dealer received stamp.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an error status, will be curious to see if I have a letter in my mail box.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Errors mean you can correct it.

Disapprovals suck.

Take it and run!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Errors mean you can correct it.

Disapprovals suck.

Take it and run!
View Quote
Yep. Should be a week or two, right? I had just never heard of them sending a courtesy notice before.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably happening because dealers are ignoring or not getting the Error Letters.  Customers calls ATF and find out it was Disproved due to no response and it now angry at ATF and Dealer....

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I got one yesterday.  Mine was similar except it specified the location of the error and reason why, and included a copy of the Form 4.  I emailed the dealer about it, and they said they called ATF, discussed it with them, and found out that it was actually an error on the part of the examiner.  So there was no error on part of the dealer or myself.  

Hopefully that means the stamp will be in the mail shortly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top