Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2013 12:29:57 AM EDT
I am about to pull the trigger on an eagle ciras maritime armor carrier but have a few questions. First do the plates come all the way up to the collar like the soft armor or is the pocket lower? I ask this because I know that the collar is suppose to sit at the sternal notch, correct? Next question is on sizing and also why I ask the first question. I am 5'11 to 6'0 and weigh 250lbs, but am loosing weight and plan to be around 190-200lbs when done so will a large be to big for me? I know it will probably fit my fat ass now but how about after my weight loss? Is there enough adjustment to keep it fitting properly? Because if it fits wrong it becomes pointless from a protection standpoint. Thanks for any help I get, came here because from the picture threads I know this carrier is pretty popular.

ETA: I found this review on SKD and was wondering if it is accurate about sizing? Says it fits perfect with adjustment what are your personal experiences?

EI MAR-CIRAS  October 13, 2011
Reviewer: ????????????
This vest is awesome. I was issued this on active duty and it was indestructible.  The most durable piece of gear I've ever used.  I needed a vest for work now, so I ordered one from SKD.  I ordered it saturday night, and monday was the holiday.  The package shipped on tuesday and arrived two days later.  I couldn't remember what size I was issued before so I ordered the large.  I'm 6' tall, 190 lbs with a 32 inch waste and I swim in this thing.  With the internal cummerbund on the middle attachment loop and the external cummerbund on the tightest setting, it fits exactly right.  There is nothing negative I can say about SKD service and speed or the vest, and at a couple hundred bucks below msrp including shipping, I can't complain there either.

I'm new to skd, put on by a friend, and after this experience I will definitely be back in the future.  Best supplier out there for tactical gear that I've come across with extremely competitive prices and untouchable customer service.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
When I was 195 and 5'11" the large fit me fine. Now I'm 5'10" and 210 and it still fits fine. The plates fit correctly. It's the best armor I've worn.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to know! Anyone else have any advice? Was sorta hoping for more than one response.... I have found a large CIRAS  Maritime in multi cam for 375 new and in stock! Don't know how long they will be in stock for. Lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
If your plates are large then get a large.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 11:58:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If your plates are large then get a large.

This.  You measure the vest based on your plate size.  
-SleeperShooter

ETA:  I'm 6'4 & 170 with a 32 inch waist and I wear a Medium.  Just FYI.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The plates will be the 10x12 triple curve most likely from bulletproofme unless I can find something better for a similar price point.

ETA: Any of you have any pics your willing to post of you wearing the setup to get an idea of fitment?
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
whatever size plate you have/wear, you get that size CIRAS.

all of the CIRAS sizes fit basically the same range of bodies, only the plate pockets are different. they all have the same range of adjustment in the shoulders and waist.

Link Posted: 1/13/2013 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#7]
5'5 about 170 and i wear a medium. 44" chest and 31" waist
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
whatever size plate you have/wear, you get that size CIRAS.

all of the CIRAS sizes fit basically the same range of bodies, only the plate pockets are different. they all have the same range of adjustment in the shoulders and waist.

Good to know, would a few 10x12 plate be a large or medium then? Also I saw that the balcs soft armor panels in size lg measure at 15 inches from top to bottom my measurements standing from sternal notch to bellybutton is 16 inches. But like I said as I lose weight that will shrink Lol.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I am starting to think that I am over thinking this whole process and that I should just place the order before the large multi cam goes out of stock. Lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
What I should have said is get the one that corresponds to your balcs panels.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What I should have said is get the one that corresponds to your balcs panels.

Lol I haven't ordered those yet. That's why I was asking but given the measurement in my previous post do you think that it will end up to big after I go from 250 lbs to 190-200 lbs?
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd say get large size.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks will do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top