Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2014 2:29:04 PM EDT
If my SOT is set up to do e forms can he E file a form 4 for a M16 to me?
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 2:50:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By safetyoff:
If my SOT is set up to do e forms can he E file a form 4 for a M16 to me?
View Quote

Yes, it's just like any other NFA item.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 4:03:00 PM EDT
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 3:16:39 AM EDT
If I'm comprehending this e-filing stuff correctly, the transfer can go via e-filing if you are using a trust or other legal entity.  If you're taking possession as a real flesh-and-blood person, you can't use it.  There's no way to do CLEO signatures, fingerprints and photos electronically.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 3:16:33 PM EDT
And you would be correct, trust, corp only.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:55:31 PM EDT
I use a Corp for all my NFA items.  I was not sure there were no special requirements for MG.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:18:24 PM EDT
I had a Form 4 MG approved today from efile.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:32:52 AM EDT

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SleepyLX:

I had a Form 4 MG approved today from efile.
View Quote

Time frame?

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 5:52:36 PM EDT by SleepyLX]
Submitted 9-27.  Approved 1-13.  When I picked it up, I found out it was actually approved 1-13 but my dealer went to SHOT and didn't tell me until 1-20.

I have 2 other Form 4 machineguns that were submitted 10-22 that have not yet been approved.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:20:46 PM EDT
Did a F4 last night, here's to hoping i get it approved in April
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2014 7:24:48 PM EDT by cyborg543]
Originally Posted By peekay:
Did a F4 last night, here's to hoping i get it approved in April https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_shy.gif
View Quote

from dealer to you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:32:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cyborg543:
from dealer to you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Did a F4 last night, here's to hoping i get it approved in April https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_shy.gif

from dealer to you?
Mine approved on January 22 was 90 days, dealer to me.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:38:52 AM EDT

from dealer to you?
View All Quotes

from dealer to you?

Yup

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:26:34 AM EDT
For you guys that did e-file MG's did you have to print off the back side of the F4 and sign it then upload it as a PDF?
I've heard rumors that this needs to be done and want to have an answer prior to seeing my SOT ...

Thanks.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:32:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 8:33:25 AM EDT by Circuits]
Originally Posted By mmclean:
For you guys that did e-file MG's did you have to print off the back side of the F4 and sign it then upload it as a PDF?
I've heard rumors that this needs to be done and want to have an answer prior to seeing my SOT ...
View Quote

ATF lists this as a requirement for eForm 4 on the eforms website and in their eforms bulletin.  Does not apply to silencers, only MG/SBR/SBS/DD, maybe AOW.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:58:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 9:01:11 AM EDT by EagleArmsHBAR]

Originally Posted By Circuits:
ATF lists this as a requirement for eForm 4 on the eforms website and in their eforms bulletin.  Does not apply to silencers, only MG/SBR/SBS/DD, maybe AOW.
View All Quotes

Shit really? I didn't do that but filed as a corp for Form 1 my SBR. It's coming up on 90 days now. Hope I don't have to resubmit and start over.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:51:29 AM EDT
Thanks....Good to know on the E-Form 4 that I'll have to sign a copy on the back.

I had a EForm 1 approved without a signature, so I'm pretty sure its not a requirement for Form 1's.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2014 3:09:48 PM EDT by Circuits]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Shit really? I didn't do that but filed as a corp for Form 1 my SBR. It's coming up on 90 days now. Hope I don't have to resubmit and start over.
View All Quotes

You should be able to scan it and upload it to the docs section of your pending application at any time.  It is not a requirement for eForm 1, so don't sweat that part.

mmclean:  The only part that needs to be signed/scanned on the back of eForm 4 is block 15 - transferee's certification.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:48:31 PM EDT
Circuits: Thanks for the clarification on that. I'll have to print out out, sign it and scan it back as a PDF and save to bring to my SOT.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:03:15 AM EDT
View All Quotes

from dealer to you?

just to be clear -

you got a machine gun transferred from a dealer to you in 90 days?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2014 8:15:09 PM EDT by SleepyLX]
I got my 2 other eForm 4 machineguns approved today.  They were filed 10-22 and approved 1-27.  And the first one was 9-27 to 1-13.  There are 3 approved eForm 4 machineguns on nfatracker.com and they are all mine.  Here are the new arrivals:

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:55:01 AM EDT
Very nice!  Looking to pick up a 1921 Colt Thompson next.  Have fun with them!
Page Armory » M-16
Top Top