Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2019 10:07:52 AM EDT
These were released for sale yesterday, anyone else looking to get one?

Right now they are limited to small primer but a large primer version maybe coming.

NEW! PRIMER-PRO From Double Alpha: Unboxing, Overview, Loading Primers

They are about $200 without spare pickup tubes and magnetic collars
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.

I might pick one up in February.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I may have jumped on it if it was adaptable to both primer sizes.  We'll see if once users start coming back with real world experience of how it performs (especially with varying brands of primers), if buying one is still in my future. Compared to other current options, it looks like a winner for the price point.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I got up Friday morning, checked my e mail and DAA has them in stock. Was on order before 6 AM, I'm excited about trying it out. I never heard enough good about the Dillon RF 100 to buy one.

Just about all my loading on my 650 is small primers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL!

This product is not for me.  Loading primer tubes is one of my FAVORITE parts of reloading.  It is easy to do.  It is fast.  What's the problem?

What does it do with the last 100 or so primers?  If you loaded 1,000 rounds, you would be finishing with 109 primers in the hopper.  What then?

It looks to be incredibly bad, insecure mounting.  Look at how he had to hang it off the edge.  It is light weight, so it won't hold itself in place.  The tube is at that weird angle,... etc.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered one yesterday.   Now I need to figure out what to do with my RF100.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if it "knows" when calculating the 99 primers, that 2-3 are in the chute after the sensor but not in the primer tube.

Also any word if it works with Hornady
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL!

This product is not for me.  Loading primer tubes is one of my FAVORITE parts of reloading.  It is easy to do.  It is fast.  What's the problem?

What does it do with the last 100 or so primers?  If you loaded 1,000 rounds, you would be finishing with 109 primers in the hopper.  What then?

It looks to be incredibly bad, insecure mounting.  Look at how he had to hang it off the edge.  It is light weight, so it won't hold itself in place.  The tube is at that weird angle,... etc.
View Quote
The 200-400 sounds like optimum quantity to keep the collator full not it won't work below 200.

He mounted it temporarily as he does everything else he reviews.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make a more secure setup.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
These were released for sale yesterday, anyone else looking to get one?

Right now they are limited to small primer but a large primer version maybe coming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUA78CFviZc

They are about $200 without spare pickup tubes and magnetic collars
View Quote
Me?

No!

Using a Dillon flip tray resting on my lower chest uppee abdomen as I peck at primers forces me to stretch my neck/shoulders out... which is exactly what I need after cranking my 650's handle 100 times.

Plus, I like to QC/QA my rounds 100 at a time.

I figure it beats having to pull bullets on say 300 plus rounds.

Soooo..by NOT having that DAA primer collator fmmakes me avoid the temptation of cranking out 500 plus rounds without stoping... QC/QA'ing my reloads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top