Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2004 8:16:33 AM EDT
I would like to have an MP-5 SBR built, using new parts and an American receiver.  Is there a company making a quality MP-5 receiver?
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 8:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
POF is supposed to in a couple months.

Check the "Group Buy" forum in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Toad, bobcat, puma, lion, cougar, whatever they are called now.  The address is always the same.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:22:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Toad, bobcat, puma, lion, cougar, whatever they are called now.  The address is always the same.

Are you suggesting that I buy a Special Weapons receiver?  I have no experience with that company, but just based on what I have heard I would never do business with them.  They sound worst than Hesse.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think he's reccomending Special/Tactical/Bobcat Weapons.  

Hesse is actually a couple grades worse than SW, but it's like comparing brown shit to green shit.  If it were a choice between owning an SW5 or not owning an HK94 type rifle at all, I'd choose 'not at all'.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait and see how the POF turns out. Skip the rest.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#6]
ive seen POF guns overseas and was very impressed with their quality. ive never fondled an SW5 but i would bet everything but the reciever is a POF part
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ive seen POF guns overseas and was very impressed with their quality. ive never fondled an SW5 but i would bet everything but the reciever is a POF part

Not quite.  You can tell the poorest quality parts on an SW5 are  American manufactured.  The low quality mag catches for one, the shoddy barrels, the bolt parts (specifically the locking pieces with the wrong angle).  They also tend to come with cut down .308 recoil rod assemblies and hammer springs, but that's beside the point.  The lack of quality workmanship is an SW hallmark.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top