Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2011 10:26:31 PM EDT
I have a Microtech knife that needs to be sent in for repair.  I've called, emailed, called some more, emailed some more, left messages, all with no response.  I can't fill out the online RMA form because it won't let me complete it without a serial number which my knife doesn't have.  

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, they have customer service and it is pretty good. However they don't like to deal with people directly very well, especially if you have one of their autos. Keep trying, they will get to you. If you know where you bought it, try to have them take care of it for you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, they have customer service and it is pretty good. However they don't like to deal with people directly very well, especially if you have one of their autos. Keep trying, they will get to you. If you know where you bought it, try to have them take care of it for you.

That does not sound like good customer service.
Link Posted: 4/21/2011 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That does not sound like good customer service.

That's what I'm thinking too.  The shop that I bought it from in 2004 no longer exists.  I love the knife, absolutely love it, and it's never given me so much as a hiccup until now, but with a premium price should come good CS.

I don't think I'll be getting another one.

Link Posted: 4/22/2011 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Marfione's are known as horrific customer service- so much that collectors are attempting boycott talk one blade forums online.

But I love my halo and makora

Best otf out there.

Going thru a dealer is better the microtech directly from what I have heard.

Jerzee devil forum has tones of negative customer service threads over there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2011 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It is because of the draconian laws to interstate commerce dealing with knives in general and autos in particular. Some states like Kalifornia and New York have very specific laws for shipping into the state...."oye vey!" I was well taken care of AFTER I went through an FFL dealer that also carried their knives (I have a 10 yr old Ultratech). The screw threads were stripped out and they oversized the screws but I was a bit annoyed at the 3 pin heads! I mean WTH! There is no driver anywhere that I know of for a 3 pin driver for 2 mm screws.

Find a dealer anywhere inside of your state and have it sent in for repair. Get a receipt for it from the store, and wait. It will get taken care of.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The "tri-wing" bits are ot there.  They are either flat or domed.  Contact Matt (440-969-4054) at model and tool .com, he can get you the bits fast.

Which MT do you have? And whats the problem with it?  Fail to lock out/retract?  OTF are very easy to maintain.  Lint is their #1 enemy, #2 is over lubrication.  Do not use CLP or an oil base.  Rem oil is best.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 2:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The "tri-wing" bits are ot there. They are either flat or domed. Contact Matt (440-969-4054) at model and tool .com, he can get you the bits fast.

Which MT do you have? And whats the problem with it? Fail to lock out/retract? OTF are very easy to maintain. Lint is their #1 enemy, #2 is over lubrication. Do not use CLP or an oil base. Rem oil is best.

It's a mini socom elite auto.  The problem is that the 3 hole screw that secures the blade to the frame worked loose and was lost while I was at work.  I keep the knife in my pocket but of course the screw wasn't there so I don't know wtf happened to it.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I find it odd that your knife doesn't have a serial number on it.  Every Microtech I own and have seen does have it on the knife somewhere.  sometimes on the blade, sometimes on the pocket clip, and other times on the handle.

Are you sure you didn't get a asian knockoff?   I have seen some very good Thai and Korean knockoffs that you can't tell the difference until you open them up.  

If yours is legit, use a local store that sells them and they can get it taken care of.   Microtech usually doesn't deal with customers that are not LEO or Military on autos since they are illegal to purchase and possess in a good number of states.  

Quoted:
I have a Microtech knife that needs to be sent in for repair.  I've called, emailed, called some more, emailed some more, left messages, all with no response.  I can't fill out the online RMA form because it won't let me complete it without a serial number which my knife doesn't have.  

Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 4/23/2011 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I find it odd that your knife doesn't have a serial number on it. Every Microtech I own and have seen does have it on the knife somewhere. sometimes on the blade, sometimes on the pocket clip, and other times on the handle.

Are you sure you didn't get a asian knockoff? I have seen some very good Thai and Korean knockoffs that you can't tell the difference until you open them up.

If yours is legit, use a local store that sells them and they can get it taken care of. Microtech usually doesn't deal with customers that are not LEO or Military on autos since they are illegal to purchase and possess in a good number of states.

Quoted:

I have a Microtech knife that needs to be sent in for repair. I've called, emailed, called some more, emailed some more, left messages, all with no response. I can't fill out the online RMA form because it won't let me complete it without a serial number which my knife doesn't have.

Any suggestions?

The only thing on the knife is some laser 'engraving' on the blade.  It has the eagle claw logo, or whatever it is, and 02/2004.  

I bought it at a very reputable dealer in 2004 that is no longer selling them and there is no local Microtech dealer in my area.

I am LEO, I bought the knife when I got hired as a gift to myself.

If I'm somehow overlooking the serial number then shame on me, but I'll post some pics up when I get off shift.  Maybe I've just stared at the damn thing too long and it's right in front of me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Scroll up and check out the Bullpup forum.... MSAR's CS is very spotty to say the least. Also go over to the Industry site and more doom and gloom for MSAR's service after the sale.

If it makes you feel any better, at least you're not having an issues with a 1K plus rifle.  

BTW, I own a STG E4 and love it, but hope to never have to deal with MSAR's CS.

EDIT- they dont even have a link in the Industry site anymore....WTF!
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Their current production stuff doesn't have lock tight on them like the old ones.  That blows if the pivot screw is lost!  You can contact: thehollowgrind.com and see if he will take it (RMA) up with MT.  He's located in Miami, FL.  Let us know!  

Worse case, have a screw custom fitted or sell it as a parts knife.

Dave is no longer working at MSAR (rifle) side.  My brother had an issue with their AUG clone and Dave went the extra mile to get it corrected.

I recently found an exec Scarab for sale, SE coated serrated blade, no markings, pocket clip has Scarab and SE marking.  Handle has claw logo and born date 03/2008.  Also has USA above the claw logo, but no serial number anywhere.  Has box and all paperwork.  I don't doubt its MT, but no S/Ns are out there.  Good price, but the no s/n has be concerned down the road.  MT is very hard to get a hold of.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Update:  Finally said screw it and ordered a Benchmade AFOII.  Next morning I recieved an email return authorization response from Microtech

I guess their CS exists, it's just slow as balls.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#13]
There's plenty of "sterile" no serial MT's floating around.

You'll need help from God if you want to ever get ahold of MT directly Been there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Update:  Finally said screw it and ordered a Benchmade AFOII.  Next morning I recieved an email return authorization response from Microtech

AFOII is a good knife.  Tanto or clip point?  I reversed the clip to the other end for deep pocket carry.  AFO is my do all knife.  For defense, I use an Emerson with wave.  Fastest knife out of the pocket.

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I sold my Microtechs because of how difficult it had been to get in touch with them, good luck OP.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:15:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Update: Finally said screw it and ordered a Benchmade AFOII. Next morning I recieved an email return authorization response from Microtech

AFOII is a good knife. Tanto or clip point? I reversed the clip to the other end for deep pocket carry. AFO is my do all knife. For defense, I use an Emerson with wave. Fastest knife out of the pocket.

Tanto straight edge.  Looks like a very beefy design, I'm sure I'll love it.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Update: Finally said screw it and ordered a Benchmade AFOII. Next morning I recieved an email return authorization response from Microtech

AFOII is a good knife. Tanto or clip point? I reversed the clip to the other end for deep pocket carry. AFO is my do all knife. For defense, I use an Emerson with wave. Fastest knife out of the pocket.

Tanto straight edge.  Looks like a very beefy design, I'm sure I'll love it.

You will!  It's a solid knife.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top