Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2001 12:51:24 AM EDT
I know they sell eagle arms stripped lowers but I'm looking for an Armalite stamped stripped lower with the DAS lookalike stamp on the front of the magwell.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 1:49:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#2]
That's how they tell the difference between complete rifles and "parts guns" for warrantee purposes.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's how they tell the difference between complete rifles and "parts guns" for warrantee purposes.

This is an safeguard for the buyer to.  I know of one dealer on the local swap meet circuit that puts together Bushmasters and sells them as factory built rifles.  The only thing that comes from Bushmaster is the stripped lower and the decal for the hardcase.  I am not sure where the uppers came from, but the barrels weren't marked B MP 5.56 NATO, like all my Bushmasters.  A buddy bought one of these rifles from this gun show vendor, and had trouble with it.  After sending it in for service, found it was sold as a stripped lower and had NO WARRANTY.  You would assume that a dealer flying a Bushmaster banner, selling  new Bushmaster rifles complete with a Bushmaster hard cases, would sell you a fully warranted Bushmaster factory built rifle.

I feel ArmaLite has the right idea.  Only put the ArmaLite name on a factory built rifle and sell the stripped lower as an Eagle Arms.  

OSA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top