Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2007 8:15:01 AM EDT
Okay, it's not a USGI receiver. I have upgraded my NFA Registered full auto M1A receiver with the following components.  The intent was to build this automatic rifle shooting 143 to 150 grain ammunition with more updated and durable parts.

Smith Enterprise, Inc. dove tail Vortex (R) flash hider
Smith Enterprise, Inc. forged M80HT treated gas cylinder with stainless steel shims
Smith Enterprise, Inc. cyrogenically treated and chromium plated gas piston
CS Speedlock chromium silicon alloy steel operating rod spring
Smith Enterprise, Inc. S-7 tool steel connector lock
Smith Enterprise, Inc. extended bolt lock
Sadlak Industries, LLC National Match operating rod spring guide
LAW483 wood laminate M14E2 stock with USGI hardware and commercial engine enamel and ceramic resin finish
MD Labs XF7 weapons lubricant keeps her lubed

Major parts - USGI M2 bipod, TRW barrel, Winchester bolt, Winchester operating rod, USGI firing mechanism including a TRW trigger housing, HRA safety and HRA hammer.

I had to sand a little off the top edges to fit the stock to my receiver.  Other than that, it looks and feels great.

I'll get it to the range for sighting in ASAP.  

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That rifle is sweet. I love that laminated E2 stock, where did you get it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Very, very nice.

What's the weight?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, this M14A1 clone weighs 14.0 pounds with a fully charged magazine.  The stock is from LAW483 Enterprises www.m14riflestocks.com

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

Sweet !!!! Going to get some vid of it working !!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

Is that like, "What's it got under the hood?" I think we're looking at some major mojo here. Guess I'll just have to take it for a test drive.  I hope the Beta Mag comes in soon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]

I hope the Beta Mag comes in soon

Still waiting ??? I looked at these at SHOT 06 ..........There going to be heavy .........but not for long !!!!!!

Did  you do all the work yourself ????

Are all SA M1A FA's on the NFA ???????    
slurp , slurp drool .................
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
With a full auto M14/M1A, you want it to be heavy.  It helps holds her down on the ground. The E2 sling does as well.  Think of the M14A1 as a BBW.   A fully loaded Beta Mag would add another nine pounds. Now we're above the weight for a M1918 BAR.  Based on my research and my own personal use with this sweetie, two to three round bursts are the way to deliver fire with it.  The automatic rifle is used differently than a machine gun for various reasons.  Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

SA, Inc. registered 125 M1A rifles with the NFA Branch.  Rock Island Armory, a sister company to SA, Inc., did thirty-five conversions of M1A rifles to select fire.  So, there's only 160 "Reese family" SA, Inc. NFA registered receivers with the happy switch.  Other SOT / FFL holders did a few M1A conversions.

LAW483 Enterprises supplied the wood laminate stock.  The M14E2 wood laminate stock is custom made to my request.  The other suppliers made the parts and shipped them to me.  I did the assembly myself.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 2:44:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, I didn't realise there were so few SAs with the happy switch. Since that's generally what you see for sale and the cost is relatively low, I thought they were fairly common.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#10]
how much could i pick up a SA reciever with a happy switch for ? ive seen the M14s selling for $16K or so...  but what would a bare reciever go to?  probably $15K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top