Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 2:54:55 PM EDT
I called and spoke with the BATFE and they told me as long as it is clear what the error is and it was struck through, initialed and dated...it's good to go.  No need to redo fingerprint cards.

Concerning my first SBR application...

I got my finger prints done today and when I got home I filled out the rest of the boxes on the cards.  There are several boxes that are supposed to be left blank for the ATF folks.  Like a dumbass...I accidentally wrote "USA" for citizenship in the wrong box...the box below where it was supposed to go.  I made a strike through it, initialed it, and dated it.  Are the folks at the ATF gonna reject my application because of this?

Also, is blue ink for my signature on the Form 1 ok?

Thanks in advance for your feedback....

I suck at life.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
That tape white-out, use it and initial above the correction. Or, go back and have another set made.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That tape white-out, use it and initial above the correction. Or, go back and have another set made.

What about liquid whiteout...would that be sufficient?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Tape is smoother and it won't look like you've spackled the form.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Understood...so the folks at the ATF will accept it with corrections/tape?  That is really what I'm asking...

Quoted:
Tape is smoother and it won't look like you've spackled the form.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:11:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd call and ask.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Finger prints are free or less than 10$ go get them done again. You don't want to wait eight months to find out you could have corrected that before you sent them off. Blue ink is fine. A lot of places make you use blue ink because it distinguishes between an original and a copy, which has no revalence to this by its fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top