BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:15:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

of what year? And what's the source of that date?
View Quote
Their website, and this year
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At least CBM is honest and calls it what it is, the next generation. Not incremental improvements.
View Quote
Except he gets custom parts for his and posts like it's a generic one of the assembly line.

Oh and I got a 5.56 one. Its reliable, or at least its eaten everything I fed it. The trigger is actually good for a bullpup.

But despite several match grade offerings, it doesnt hold MOA. And frequently was over 2 MOA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:38:29 AM EDT
[#3]
You got the new MDRX in 5.56?
FE or SE?

Did you try SIG 77gr OTM ammo?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The MDRX barrel profile appears to be different:

" />

MDR 5.56 Conversion kit:

Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:32:35 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
The one from the video screenshot looks longer. Didn't they put out a 18-20" barrel now?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:53:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The one from the video screenshot looks longer. Didn't they put out a 18-20" barrel now?
View Quote
Looks like it to me, longer barrel that is. Also the price on kits has changed too, 300 less for the 308 700/1000 and 150 less for 556 600/750. Not sure why or how they are doing it all cheaper now but that should help it be more viable as long as quality didn’t rank but with statements of increased quality I would assume not.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
IIRC, different barrel lengths and calibers; the top is 6.5CM/20" and the lower is .223/16".
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You got the new MDRX in 5.56?
FE or SE?

Did you try SIG 77gr OTM ammo?
View Quote
No, the "normal" one.

I tried about 6 brands of ammo, all of which can achieve MOA out of an AR

The MDRX doesnt have a different barrel. Its stimm 4140 turned by Faxon. Theres a reason DT doesnt offer an accuracy guarantee for the MDR when they do for the rest of their rifles.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, the "normal" one.

I tried about 6 brands of ammo, all of which can achieve MOA out of an AR

The MDRX doesnt have a different barrel. Its stimm 4140 turned by Faxon. Theres a reason DT doesnt offer an accuracy guarantee for the MDR when they do for the rest of their rifles.
View Quote
Well there is one thing we DO know.

The MDR is far more accurate than the Tavor 7, or X95.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well there is one thing we DO know.

The MDR is far more accurate than the Tavor 7, or X95.  
View Quote
How so? The MDRs I've shot weren't that great with M80 ball...they were all 2-2.5" with it while the T7 returned 1.5MOA for me....

With match ammo...yes more accurate...but are you really going to shot FGMM all the time...nope...so...accuracy depends on what you want...

Hunting rifle-MDR
Tactical rifle-Tavors

I have yet to see anyone shot 150gr ELD out of a T7 to match the 1:12 twist so we could be up for a surprise there...

Which pretty much mirrors what everyone is saying...I personally never shoot match ammo as long as a rifle returns 1.5-2MOA with M80 ball...
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
i placed my order on 01/24/20
est.ship date : 02/04/20

But still nothing so i called them today and they have no idea at all....
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I did a mdrx as well but mine is 20th est ship. That said when I look and they fiat hit it went from 4th to 12th I
Within the sane day. I think they got a lot of orders in or delay. Hey maybe the people in the bullpup forum that still haven’t got their rifles will get a mdrx instead
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:43:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
You get an update? Also make sure you call in, the front system you see through your account has little to do with the backend system they use for everything else. I canceled a 556 conversion since the mdrx version came out and the conversions dropped a good amount and it still says processing in the account and since I called in the mdrx isn’t in my account tab yet but the order is in and they have been able to give me updates. Still on course for shipment the week of the 20th
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#15]
i tried to contact them on facebook few days ago
No answer
i ll call them the next week
But i'm not optimistic
They seem to don't care
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 3:59:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
i tried to contact them on facebook few days ago
No answer
i ll call them the next week
But i'm not optimistic
They seem to don't care
View Quote
I would only talk through calling. Facebook goes to social media team, calling goes to CS and they gave me an answer
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I called them this Monday and the lady told me "we don't know...."
I ll try the next week
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Deja vu all over again
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Deja vu all over again
View Quote
Fool me 27 times...
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fool me 27 times...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deja vu all over again
Fool me 27 times...
I’m trying not to be TOO negative but how anyone could post in THIS thread that they’re surprised by Delphi Tech shipping promises is just absolutely mind boggling!!!!

In 2020 anyone purchasing Delphi Tech products is the frog in the parable of the frog and the scorpion - there’s really absolutely no excuse for being surprised at the outcome.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know anything about Delphi Tech...

But I just saw this very good video on the Desert Tech MDR SE:

Desert Tech MDRX-SE (Side Ejecting MDR)
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpjVIAPmf2s
View Quote
Wasn't it shown that IV8888 will sell a good review to anyone who's willing to pay?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:54:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wasn't it shown that IV8888 will sell a good review to anyone who's willing to pay?
View Quote
Rings a bell. Various prices depending on how thourough of a "good" review someone wanted iirc.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should take the time to read through this whole thread, particularly the discussions about Indian MIM parts and the references will become clear.

Quoted:
View Quote
Yes his price list and conditions were leaked a few years back. To be fair Delphi Tech has always been able to make a few demo guns run moderately well - typically by over gassing the ever loving snot out of them.

It’s also possible they’ve suddenly resolved all the MDR engineering and quality issues, turned over a new leaf on schedule fidelity, and stopped taking and sitting on peoples money for wildly unreasonable amounts of time. Leopards changing their spots and all that, but make your own decisions.

Anyone even remotely considering spending money with or for a Delphi Tech product absolutely NEEDS to first invest the time to read this WHOLE thread from start to finish. If they are still willing to spend the money after that then I’m frankly astonished but at least they’ll be making an informed choice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, guys, it's also been shown that the recent MDR configs have worked acceptably; I'd be shocked if the new X has re-introduced past issues solved after a ton of customer alpha-testing.  Doesn't forgive the crazy delays, lies, and shit that was pushed out the door.  The X forgoes the ejection contraption, so that should help greatly.

IV8888 probably only got paid to downplay the heavy recoil
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 1:43:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, his price list was leaked awhile back. It was never more apparent than in his MDR “review”. He was fumbling for positive things to say about it even as he was actively clearing malfunctions. It was comical.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Come on, guys, it's also been shown that the recent MDR configs have worked acceptably; I'd be shocked if the new X has re-introduced past issues solved after a ton of customer alpha-testing.  Doesn't forgive the crazy delays, lies, and shit that was pushed out the door.  The X forgoes the ejection contraption, so that should help greatly.

IV8888 probably only got paid to downplay the heavy recoil
View Quote
Only the specific side eject version in 556 only for now has a normal ejection system. I wonder if they did anything with the rear pin issues.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Only the specific side eject version in 556 only for now has a normal ejection system. I wonder if they did anything with the rear pin issues.
View Quote
The cracking?  That likely depends on whether it was mentioned in a humiliating review by a high profile YouTuber.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is that why the changed the polymer to a stronger one?
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
The cracking was the metal rail not the polymer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The cracking?  That likely depends on whether it was mentioned in a humiliating review by a high profile YouTuber.
View Quote
If that aint the damn truth.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He works for DT.
View Quote
So did iv8888, but he also works for them lol
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who knows but the drop test broke the pistol grip off. Someone posted this video is gone now, it sure if that’s true as I haven’t gone looking The rear pin and just general abuse is all probably why. When I attached a afg to the rail I thought it was a little soft.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I called them this Monday and the lady told me "we don't know...."
I ll try the next week
View Quote
I called with my original eta of the 24th. She looked and said there is a chance earlier but definitely by ETA, we will find out, but I would call again if I were you.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#35]
People are still buying these and hoping they work?! What the actual F? That’s absolutely crazy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:08:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
People are still buying these and hoping they work?! What the actual F? That’s absolutely crazy.
View Quote
My mdr after getting the gas plug update has had zero issues, but I do want the updates of the mdrx so I put another order in, have a Tavor,x95,and aug. I just like bullpups
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

My mdr after getting the gas plug update has had zero issues, but I do want the updates of the mdrx so I put another order in, have a Tavor,x95,and aug. I just like bullpups
View Quote
Is it overgassed and beating itself up?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#38]
.308 it still does...even more than before...remember...the latest plug has large gas ports than before...

5.56 MDR is where its at in my opinion....
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is it overgassed and beating itself up?
View Quote
No signs of abuse, harder than a scar or my bench ar10, but I don’t have another to compare it to. Overall it’s not bad. Mdrx will be 556 though
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:34:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No signs of abuse, harder than a scar or my bench ar10, but I don’t have another to compare it to. Overall it’s not bad. Mdrx will be 556 though
View Quote
MDR in .308 is definitely harder impulse than a SCAR...it is hardest recoiling .308 semi auto I ever fired in my life...wouldn't have a MDR in .308 whatsoever...in 5.56 and side eject...thats a possibility but it really doesnt offer anything over my SAR at this point...SAR is combat proven with a high quality chf barrel where as the MDR still has a cheapskate 4140 FAXON built barrel...
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

MDR in .308 is definitely harder impulse than a SCAR...it is hardest recoiling .308 semi auto I ever fired in my life...wouldn't have a MDR in .308 whatsoever...in 5.56 and side eject...thats a possibility but it really doesnt offer anything over my SAR at this point...SAR is combat proven with a high quality chf barrel where as the MDR still has a cheapskate 4140 FAXON built barrel...
View Quote
Mdr going to 308 or 6.5 is good for hunting but the only reason I got 308 was it came out first so it was wait another 6mo or go to a 308 and get a barrel swap later. Only 308 I have anymore is the scar, ar10, mdr, c308. I would say best to worst is scar, c308, ar10, mdr in that order when it comes to recoil. Still a big bullpup fan. By the time I ordered the swap the mdrx came out to I canceled and switched. I like the forward eject, at the point of side eject it still has some good qualities but I much prefer the forward especially in two gun where you have to switch shoulder as in its in the rules to switch and shoot with weak hand and all so side eject isn’t somthing I want to run there. When it comes down to it for most people any bull pup will do, they all generally have the same issues and if you train with one then your solid. I have a Tavor and x95(I prefer the SAR) and I like them and feel with their record they are a safer bet but I also really like everything g DT brings to the table and I’m willing to put the effort in to see how it turns out, does that mean I’m taking it hiking or camping, no. That’s the mossbergs job, but am I willing to put the time in to see if it’s reliable and functional overtime, especially in two gun. Side note is my HD gun is the SAR, great gun with awesome ergos and my vote is better than the x95.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I bought one of the new ones in 308 as a range blaster... mounted up a VCOG and away we went...

I like so far - ran w/o issues for 160 rounds of mixed stuff...
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:22:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I called in the mdrx isn’t in my account tab yet but the order is in and they have been able to give me updates. Still on course for shipment the week of the 20th
View Quote
@kwisak Range report? Fingers crossed that your new MDRx runs as well as the YouTube review guns!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@kwisak Range report? Fingers crossed that your new MDRx runs as well as the YouTube review guns!
View Quote
Not gonna like the update, I spoke to DT and she said she didn’t have a hard date but anytime now, asked to speak to production manager and got two more weeks run. According to him the next big batch of mdrx’s are going next week and mine is apart of that run. So that puts me next week I guess, but I’ll update when it’s in hands. So no updates for the mdrx, but me and a buddy are putting together a review on the bullpups I have. Plan is to take the aug, x95,mdrx, and Tavor in stock format with the same optic and do shots out to 300 and then each run them in two gun to see how we do and come up with a preference. Right now I dropped off the Tavor with him and he will start there and go to the x95, then Aug, then mdrx and I plan to start with the aug, then mdrx, if it’s ready, then Tavor, then x95. Basically do 2 gun matches twice a month and check it all out. After we will setup a course with our own targets and run it back to back with everything and end the next week with accuracy at 100-200-250-300, maybe further if it goes well.

So basically I’ll get a write up and videos going, but it will take a bit and it’s desert tech so it might be a bit as it seems the mdrx is popular and dt really doesn’t have the capacity to push that many out the door quickly. I believe half of all the guns they made last year were mdrs, and that number wasn’t really that high. If I find that source again I’ll quote it but I don’t want to spread misinformation for exact numbers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I have an MDRX on order from Europtic, I believe I'm at the top of their line for a 556 in FDE so hopefully I get to take it home soon.  this forum and others have not removed my hesitancy about re-entering the DT marketplace.  I was a very early pre-ordered and dropped my pre-order about 12 months later.

fast forward to 2020 and I'm again the market and chose to go with the MDRX vs. the Tavor 7 for several reasons.  I am not confidant I'm making the right choice, though I suppose I could save my pennies and eventually buy a Tavor 7 too. :)
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#46]
My opinion...would have went with the Tavor 7...second opinion....I did not like bullpups in .308 (had a T7 and shot the MDR)...my personal opinion...after shooting a POF AR10 (which is what I switched to after shooting one)...the POF AR10 was much smoother in operation and mitigated the 7.62x51 much better than the shorter, action bullpups...I get it is the by-product of the bully design...but honestly...I think bullpups need to stay 5.56/.300BO...

However, out of all the .308 bullies I've tried...Tavor 7 was by far the smoothest to operate and returned the best grouping with regular XM80 ball...1.5 MOA vs 2.25-2.5 with a MDR....
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#47]
ETA is today on the mdrx and it has been delivered, now I just need my LGS to log it and call. Hopefully soon! Been spending more quality time with the aug in the meantime
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#48]
please let us know what you think about your mdrx.  I've temporarily hit pause on my acquisition, but I'd still like to pick one up later in 2020 after things calm down.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#49]
The lgs was absolutely nuts, 2 boxes per person and 3/4 the guns were gone. Man it was crazy but gun looks good, emtrigger is a little creepy but pretty dam good compared to any other bullpup I have. Zero issue on first 40 rounds. All they let me buy and I left my ammo at home not knowing what a shit show it was going to be. Guns looks good polymer is pretty stiff seems stronger than my mdr as the polymer deformed a bit last time and this time it didn’t. Feels solidAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Anyway game plan is to test this out against steyr aug m3a1, IwI Tavor and IwI x95 to see which takes the cake on accuracy, 2 gun runs, and reliability. Me and a buddy plan to run each through a 2 gun match, then setup our own 2 gun stage and each take them out to 200 yards for accuracy all in stock format with same optic on each, only optic I have that many of us a sparc so game plan is set as long as matches stay open.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:34:51 PM EDT
[#50]
My Tavor sar is in a buddies hands at the moment but I weighed them on a scale I wouldn’t say is the most accurate but it is what it is until I can get access to a better one and optics are different and some accessories.
X95 8.6 w eotech
AUG 8.4 w sparc
MDR 9.4 wMRO
Tommy built g36 7.2 w/ di optical
My go to ar 9.0
In the arm the aug and mdr are tied for comfort with 3rd going x95. I will get some back to back shots and targets at 50-100 if I can get out this weekend. When ammo comes back in I will also do a 500 round check back to back.
Attachment Attached File
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top