Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:51:04 AM EDT
Delete
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
my 590 is already park'd so i'm not sure why you're asking about that.  Is there bare metal showing where you've scrapped off rust?  

I had mine sitting in a closet where my a/c ducts run through for 2 years with only an occasional cleaning and lubing with no problem of rusting.  

Maybe you should try keeping a good  film of CLP on it and if you are going to lean it against a wall try another one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have (had) both a blued and a park'd 590.  (I say had because when they were recently refinished after a hosue fire, the gunsmith misunderstood my instructions and blued them both instead of park'ing one of them.)

Anyway, the blued gun always rusted at the least little hint of moisture.  I swear that was the thinnest bluing I have EVER seen on a gun.  Eventually it kinda looked like it had spots.

That said, my recommendation is for you to go buy a $50 Duracoat EZ-Finishing kit and Duracoat the gun yourself.  The kit containes everything you need to do 2 long guns including the Duracoat, reducer, degreaser spray, airbrush setup and an instructional DVD.  The only bad thing is that I haven't had good luck getting a DVD that I can actually watch from start to finish as they have some sort of formatting problem.  Never fear, they're working on a good old VHS instructional film as we speak.

Duracoat.  That's what I would, and am going to, do.  You can even choose what color you desire.

Duracoat

Eric
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top