Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/31/2005 8:51:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/6/2005 6:06:53 AM EDT by 234747]
Delete
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:36:09 AM EDT
my 590 is already park'd so i'm not sure why you're asking about that. Is there bare metal showing where you've scrapped off rust?

I had mine sitting in a closet where my a/c ducts run through for 2 years with only an occasional cleaning and lubing with no problem of rusting.

Maybe you should try keeping a good film of CLP on it and if you are going to lean it against a wall try another one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 9:49:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2005 9:50:36 AM EDT by eric10mm]
I have (had) both a blued and a park'd 590. (I say had because when they were recently refinished after a hosue fire, the gunsmith misunderstood my instructions and blued them both instead of park'ing one of them.)

Anyway, the blued gun always rusted at the least little hint of moisture. I swear that was the thinnest bluing I have EVER seen on a gun. Eventually it kinda looked like it had spots.

That said, my recommendation is for you to go buy a $50 Duracoat EZ-Finishing kit and Duracoat the gun yourself. The kit containes everything you need to do 2 long guns including the Duracoat, reducer, degreaser spray, airbrush setup and an instructional DVD. The only bad thing is that I haven't had good luck getting a DVD that I can actually watch from start to finish as they have some sort of formatting problem. Never fear, they're working on a good old VHS instructional film as we speak.

Duracoat. That's what I would, and am going to, do. You can even choose what color you desire.

Duracoat

Eric
Top Top