Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 5:14:31 AM EDT
I have an H&K 91, the Alum. Springfield Armory SAR-8 and a G3 from century.
Has anyone done their own trigger job?
I will use the G3 as the test bed.
I am looking for some guidlines; for now I only intend to polish and smooth.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Why chance messing it up when you can let a pro do it for not much $$ at all.  Bill Springfield is well known on many boards as a good trigger guy at very reasonable prices, and I have always been pleased with his work.  In fact, I can't ever remember reading a bad thing about his work.  Why not let him "try out" one of your guns?  Here's the ad copy he usually places on the boards periodically including his email at the end.

"Trigger work on HK 91, 93, 94, MP-5 PTR-91, all Century, SW-5, 3 and all other clones. Trigger creep reduced up to 94%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 4.75lbs from the factory 10 to 12 lbs pull. $37 Minimize trigger slack take up and over travel add $14. This makes it feel like a single stage trigger.Only the Trigger pack and selector switch is needed.

HK full auto packs converted to semi $45 or $35 with trigger job.

Cetme.Trigger creep reduced up to 94%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 5 lbs from the factory 10 to 12 lbs pull. Sear bar is unitized to the trigger to eliminate trigger slop. $37, option to reduce trigger over travel add $4.

Cetme/HK, PTR-91, CAI and all clones: Adjust Ejector for more positive reliability, quite a few of these rifles do no not allow the ejector to fully ride up inside the bolt head for positive ejection $7.

SKS: Trigger creep reduced up to 90%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced to about 4.75 lbs. $27, Option to reduce trigger slack 80%+ add $13.

M1 Garand, M1A/M14, Ruger Mini-14, Trigger pull lighten up to 20%, rough feel is smoothed out, nice reduction in trigger creep. $28 Option to reduce take up creep 95% add $14.

AR-15: Trigger creep reduced up to 90%+, rough feel is smoothed out, pull weight reduced down to 3.75-4lbs. $28. Only the trigger, hammer, disconnector, their associated springs and the safety is needed.

FAL: Reduce creep to a nice smooth clean break, lighten pull to about 4.75lbs, only the fire control group is needed. $29

Marlin Camp9 and Ruger 10/22: Reduce creep to a nice smooth clean break, lighten rull to about 4.75lbs, only the fire control group is needed. $29

15+ years experience, satisfaction guaranteed or your money back and your item is returned back to stock.

RETURN POSTAGE included in the price! 24 hour turnaround time. All that is needed is the trigger assembly, not the rifle. Most customers receive their completed in about a week of sending it out. Many references on various Internet forums for HK/Cetme, etc.

email if interested.

Thanks,
Bill
[email protected]"

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I have heard great things about Bills work, was planning on sending him the SAR-8 pack.
Figured I would like to try the CAI budget banger for something to do.
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to see info on this as well as sending my trigger packs to the states & back would be a mission paperwork wise.

Anyone got some sketches of fixtures?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent my trigger pack to Bill on the word of the members of this forum. $49 total including shipping for a serious reduction in trigger pull is what is promised. not one single negative or concern posted against him.

Feeling pretty confident for its potential. Will be back mid next week. Full report due ASAP after I get it.
11+ lbs when I sent it in.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's some info to get you guys started: Trigger Improvement.  Here's info for disassembling the trigger group: Trigger Disassembly.  Hope this helps-ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:57:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a very good price for his work. I salute you for taking the initiative to learn about your weapon. Salute to Ankar for giving a useful answer to your question too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Bill Springfield.  As reasonable and as quick a turn around as he has I can't see
why you'd want to go on a learning curve trying to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:41:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Hi All,

Thanks for the references guys! Polishing the sear/hammer contact points will help, but there will still be a long heavy creep. Century can be especially bad as they usually have a hammer notch that is .120", stock HK is .070". The CAI can be be brought down safely to this point, measure first as Century components vary quite abit, depending on when it was made. Also check the sear, CAI has used one of its own home brew sears, it is bright silver in color. This changes a few things, I would keep the hammer notch at .080" deep just in case as the top edge is rounded instead of comming to a sharp tip.

Just a few pointers to help you out, I have performed literally several thousand HK/clone trigger jobs and have seen all sorts of HK/US trigger part combinations.

Thanks,

Bill Springfield
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:44:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Bill, I'm still planning on sending my PTR91 trigger group out to you someday, I'm just waiting to get my second PTR so I can send them both at once.  I have heard only excellent reviews of your work!  ARKAR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top