Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 8:10:27 PM EDT

This is by far the baddest FAL I have ever seen.  I had a chance to play it at the Shot Show.  I  loved the stock and can't wait for it to come out …alone with some of their other new products.  I found this picture on the FAL Files.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
OOOOOooohhh, thats sexyyyy!

I been checking out fal files myself...  learning some good stuff about the FALs

ALong with the help of the arfcommers as well
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#2]
That stock is funky, and the barrel is kinda long...

but other than that it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Why run a non standard gas system with a long barrel?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:38:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why run a non standard gas system with a long barrel?

Ditto. Increase the back gas pressure with a supressor and use a shorter (lighter) gas system, thus increasing wear/tear and recoil, plus the sight radius is decreased. And on that they put a fancy target stock and bipod. That is an abomination.

They should have used either a HB target model with the suppressor, or an SBR 13" version without the bipod and a proper buttstroke-capable stock.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:08:32 AM EDT
[#5]
That is a standard length gas system. I too handled that one at SHOT, it is/was DSA's entry for the SASS trials.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I stand corrected. I guess it just looks so long with that can on it that at first it looked like the short gas system.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That stock is funky, and the barrel is kinda long...

but other than that it's pretty cool.

I love FAL's to death, but I think that thing is fuggly!  Like you said, the stock is weird, the barrel is way to long and it just looks plain rediculous with that suppressor sitting waaaay out there.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Here is the official Talon Arms suppressed FAL.

The FAL is a DSA OSW with an 11.5" barrel (SBR obviously).  Para folding stock and railed handguard. The muzzle is threaded 1/2x28.  This presented a slight problem for us. We had GemTech custom build a new HVT .30 cal can with a special thread for this project.  If anyone is intrested, we do have three more cans available for purchase as well as one more OSW.

The performance of this FAL is awesome. We have never had a single feeding or extraction problem. The HVT suppressor keeps the muzzle on plane and recoil is dramaticly reduced. I love shooting ARs, but this thing is like crack. It is instantly addictive and the additional power of the .308 leaves no doubt that it will will completely ruin someones day.  We built this weapon system up as a special operations platform for engaging threats in vehicles.  It is small enough and light enough to be deployed from a patrol vehicle. You would not feel out guned if you pulled this from your trunk.

i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/talonarms/f482bafb.jpg

TalonArms.com

Now there is an FAL!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The FAL is a DSA OSW with an 11.5" barrel (SBR obviously).  Para folding stock and railed handguard. The muzzle is threaded 1/2x28.  This presented a slight problem for us. We had GemTech custom build a new HVT .30 cal can with a special thread for this project.  If anyone is intrested, we do have three more cans available for purchase as well as one more OSW.

The performance of this FAL is awesome. We have never had a single feeding or extraction problem. The HVT suppressor keeps the muzzle on plane and recoil is dramaticly reduced. I love shooting ARs, but this thing is like crack. It is instantly addictive and the additional power of the .308 leaves no doubt that it will will completely ruin someones day.  We built this weapon system up as a special operations platform for engaging threats in vehicles.  It is small enough and light enough to be deployed from a patrol vehicle. You would not feel out guned if you pulled this from your trunk.

TalonArms.com

whats the cost on the suppresser?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Very Sweet!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:38:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

TalonArms.com

that is so what i'm talking about
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Mine... all mine, at least as soon as the NFA paperwork clears...  reading this forum can sure get expensive!

BTW - the Talon Arms guys are fantastic to deal with...  this is the second DSA FAL I've purchased from them, a positive experience every time.

Quoted:

TalonArms.com

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TalonArms.com

that is so what i'm talking about

Kip.....is that you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top