Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 12:04:56 AM EDT
I'm seriously considering a DSA Para.  I had an interesting idea:  Maybe add a suppressor in the future.  I want a quick detach system, and was thinking of using the Gem-Tech HVT.  Problem is that DSA threads barrels for 9/16 x 24 LH and the Gemtech mount is 5/8 x 24 RH.

The question is, can a DSA barrel be threaded for 5/8" threads?  I would prefer a standard, non heavy barrel to keep the weight down, and don't want to hassle with getting a thicker barrel turned down just to preserve a fat muzzle for threading.

Oh, just had a thought:  Maybe Gem_tech could custom make some fitting DSA threads?

ETA:  One more question:  Does DSA permanently attach flash hiders on complete rifles, as it would be a pain in the ass to remove if Gem tech made a mount that fits...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Have a look at this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=7&t=196675

Look for the Talon Arms reply in the thread - they have a GemTech HVT-based solution.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:12:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have a look at this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=7&t=196675

Look for the Talon Arms reply in the thread - they have a GemTech HVT-based solution.

By the sound of it, they had Gem-Tech make a threaded can, not a threaded bi-lock mount.  Maybe if I get real serious I can just call up Gem-Tech and ask.  I have also asked a Gem-Tech dealer I know...
Top Top