Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 3:31:56 PM EDT
I have a DSA Stg-58 I bought from a fellow board member. Awesome rifle.

For Christmas, I put a DSA scope mount on the list. My wife ordered it, and as it turns out, it was shipped on December 20th via FedEx Ground. On DSA's suggestion, she went along with their suggestion to require a signature for delivery. Fair enough.

The item didn't make it in time for Christmas - so I thought. I got the FedEx tracking information from DSA, and it shows that the item was delivered December 24th at 5:34 PM. I know for a fact that I was home at that time, as our family was finishing a movie and preparing to go out to dinner at 6. The tracking info says that "signature service was not requested."

So we start the whole process of trying to find out what the problem is. DSA insists that they have to wait for FedEx to reimburse them. We start the process of tracking down what happened. The customer service rep from DSA does call FedEx several times, but things are moving slow as molasses. DSA insists that they can't help us out until they resolve the problem with FedEx. The FedEx guy shows up on New Year's Eve, and pretty much admits that he goofed up and thinks he delivered the package waaay down the street. So FedEx screwed up, but I suppose plenty of people have had problems with UPS as well. No doubt that FedEx is at fault, but that's not my point.

On December 30th, I paid for another mount to be shipped to us, and this one did get here no problems.

It is now January 11th, and DSA has not done ANYTHING to help this along. I called again today, and she says she still hasn't heard from FedEx. When she calls back at my house instead of my work, she got my wife on the phone, and my wife in turn proceeds to read her the riot act - guess she beat me to it.

The point is: We paid for merchandise that was NOT delivered to us, and DSA has done NOTHING to take care of us. It's not DSA's fault, but it's certainly not our fault. They should have sent out a replacement, and worked out the problem with FedEx. If I send my mortgage payment to the bank, and they don't get it, they certainly aren't going to wait before they charge a late fee because USPS screwed up. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that DSA expects us to sit there holding the bag for something that's not our problem.

Crappy customer service - that's my take on it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had a problem with them, I hope things work out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh - it's working out. I called my CC company and disputed the charge.

It's not DSA's fault for losing the package, but you know they're gonna get their money back. I'm sure DSA has come through for lots of people, but it's times like this that shows what a company's customer service is really all about.

Sorry for my rant.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never had a problem with DSA either BUT from the tone of voice of some of their CS reps I would not want to have to deal with them if I had a problem.  Good luck.  Let us know what happens.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that is is DSA fault. Your wife asked for signature on delivery service and did not get it. DSA dropped the ball.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have never had a problem with DSA either BUT from the tone of voice of some of their CS reps I would not want to have to deal with them if I had a problem.  Good luck.  Let us know what happens.

+1. When I have to call them for anything most of the time they are very short and seem like I'm being a burden to them. Sometimes they are very nice though. I guess it depends who answers the phone.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:08:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Customer Service at DSA has gotten better, it used to be awful. The problem is that lots of family members work there. I have spent tons of money there and before some of the "personnel change" I lost it on them on the phone one day and had to explain to them their holier than now attitude was un called for that they were making rifles, not curing cancer.

They will make good on anything over there. They stand behind their products and will make good on this, they are just very slow. Give them a chance and they will make it right. I have been dealing with them for a long time, they are good people. There is not a firearms company out there that is more dedicated to quality.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't really see what the issue is.  I'd be frustrated if I were you as well, but do you really expect them to take you at your word that you never got it?  Did your wife request signature-on-delivery in writing?

I have had nothing but great customer service from DSA when I bought my SA58C 6 or 7 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, DSA could have told FedEx to get a sig and they didn't follow thru. I'd hate to have to make good on FedEx fkups. The delivery guy admited he screwed up at least once.

My prefered method (and it's by no means perfect) is USPS Priority Mail/sig required/insured. That seems to keep everyone focused most of the time. Some companies (Bushmaster) don't give you that option, but so far my UPS guy has been on top of things. Ordering stuff during the holiday rush increases the chances of screwups exponentially.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Giving them the benefit of the doubt, DSA could have told FedEx to get a sig and they didn't follow thru. I'd hate to have to make good on FedEx fkups. The delivery guy admited he screwed up at least once.

There's no doubt that it's FedEx's fault. That was never the question; the package was supposed to have signature required (DSA insisted on it, my wife said OK), and FedEx just dumped it off at someone else's house.

Again - the issue is that DSA needs to work that out with FedEx, and not hold on to my money in the meantime.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's no doubt that it's FedEx's fault. That was never the question; the package was supposed to have signature required (DSA insisted on it, my wife said OK), and FedEx just dumped it off at someone else's house.

Again - the issue is that DSA needs to work that out with FedEx, and not hold on to my money in the meantime.

Name another vendor that would do that...just one...

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
DSA seems to be really nice
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:36:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Name another vendor that would do that...just one...

CMMG.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#14]

I said just one...

Clearly not the norm, though...

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I said just one...

I've certainly seen lots of businesses do it outside the firearms world.  Customers do not sit around waiting for things they need while the vendors delivery service pulls it's head out.  I certainly will not ever buy an item from a company that has charged me once and not delivered the goods nor addressed my need for the product I paid for.

I've seen lost packages before in time critical projects and not once has the vendor expected us to just sit on our hands and wait for them to work it out with the shipper.  Would you rather supply a part at a couple hundred and file a claim on the carrier, or tick off a customer who may buy his next 1K+ rifle somewhere else?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:13:42 AM EDT
[#17]
i fail to see what dsa has done wrong.

1) fedex screwed up.

2) you ordered five days before christmas.  that was a gamble you should take responsibilty for.  shit happens during christmas.  

you rolled the dice and came up with snake-eyes.  blame fedex or yourself but dsa did everything there were supposed to do.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I said just one...

I've certainly seen lots of businesses do it outside the firearms world.  Customers do not sit around waiting for things they need while the vendors delivery service pulls it's head out.  I certainly will not ever buy an item from a company that has charged me once and not delivered the goods nor addressed my need for the product I paid for.

I've seen lost packages before in time critical projects and not once has the vendor expected us to just sit on our hands and wait for them to work it out with the shipper.  Would you rather supply a part at a couple hundred and file a claim on the carrier, or tick off a customer who may buy his next 1K+ rifle somewhere else?  

Thanks, Grunteled. That's exactly where I'm coming from...

I have been the on the business end of a transaction like this and can tell you the customer should not get punished for the shipper's problems. In my case I shipped new product immediately and fought it out with UPS afterward.

Shame on DSA for not making it right when first notified.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i fail to see what dsa has done wrong.

1) fedex screwed up.

2) you ordered five days before christmas.  that was a gamble you should take responsibilty for.  shit happens during christmas.  

you rolled the dice and came up with snake-eyes.  blame fedex or yourself but dsa did everything there were supposed to do.  

My wife ordered three weeks before Xmas; DSA didn't ship out until two weeks later.

I never said that it WASN'T FedEx's fault. Haven't I made that abundantly clear? I merely said that it's not *my* fault either and I expected DSA and FedEx to work it out.

So FedEx denies the claim. Since DSA did everything they were supposed to, am I simply out my $126? Is that how it works?

Maybe you should see what your credit card company has to say about it?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:19:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already called - they were very nice about it and credited my account.

Good for you.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#23]
DSA has always treated me right......though some of their CS reps can be a bit short.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already called - they were very nice about it and credited my account.

So where's the beef?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:32:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Do you know if the Fed Ex driver attempted to recover the package from the house he had mistakenly delivered it to? I have been on the business side of a mis-delivered item more than once and UPS has gone to great lengths in recovery/ compensation in as short a time as possible.
I was just on the receiving end of something like this myself. I had ordered a tactical vest from policespecial.com. a week goes by and there is no shipment notification or delivered package. so i call and e-mail for another week with no reply. finally they send me an answer stating that the product is discontinued and that they could either ship another vest or credit my card. i asked for the credit. two weeks later my statement comes, no credit. so the phone calls and e-mails are resumed. their first answer was that they no longer have the card info because it has been longer than thirty days and that i would need to fax the info to them. the next day they reply that they have found the info and that the credit will be issued. next statement comes, still no credit. more calls and e-mails, story this time is that the exp. date was wrong, but that it had been credited.
Charged 11/23/05, Credited 01/13/06
Moral of the story- nobody should have to do this much work (you or i) to get their money back.
+1 that you should've gotten a credit/ replacement as soon as fed ex admitted that they delivered it to the wrong address.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#29]
'Not curing cancer' indeed.I got the same attitude fron the customer rep when i called.
It's too bad DSA is'nt here to explain.
Personally , don't get off on negitive ranting but when you are on the recieving end of this sort of thing you get a new appreciatin for the term "customer service".
Let's not forget these are some of the pricey-est  blasters out there.
I don't want a cup of java just be polite.
Thanks, AL B.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top