Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2001 1:38:51 PM EDT
My dealer ordered for a guy a DSA SA58.This one has the heavy barrel,no comp,aluminum free float handguard and the Versa-Pod mount.The guy got a no-go on the back ground check so the rifle is up for sale.The dealer has $1440.in it.I can get it for $1525.My question is this.With a good scope and match ammo what kind of accuracy can I expect? Looking down that Badger barrel it's nice to see a true match grade bore.It seems today that the term "match barrel" is used on everything with a hole in it, including conduit from Home Depot. Thanks for the help. Xm21Nick
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Great price! I'd buy it just for that! I shot more than one sub moa 3 shot group at 100yds. with my medium contour stainless and it's factory match iron sights. Used Black Hills match ammo like they told me to. No telling what that rifle could have done with some good glass on it. At least .5 and maybe better. Finally traded it because it was just too heavy to be much fun shooting anywhere but off the bench.
Anyway, go for it!
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My dealer ordered for a guy a DSA SA58.This one has the heavy barrel,no comp,aluminum free float handguard and the Versa-Pod mount.The guy got a no-go on the back ground check so the rifle is up for sale.The dealer has $1440.in it.I can get it for $1525.My question is this.With a good scope and match ammo what kind of accuracy can I expect? Looking down that Badger barrel it's nice to see a true match grade bore.It seems today that the term "match barrel" is used on everything with a hole in it, including conduit from Home Depot. Thanks for the help. Xm21Nick

Since you mention "heavy barrel" I'd "guess" you'll shoot about 2" groups at 100 yds scoped.
If you get the FAL please consider getting the DS Arms heavy-duty scope mount - the best in the business.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
If your going to scope it, Then go with the DSA scope mount and change out the butstock.  Don't waste your money by buying a cheap one, They never hold a Zero!!!

Or, you could order the DSA rear sight block and change out the rear sight to a Micro-
Adjust type.

Here is a link to a adjustable butstock for the FAL. The standard stock has way too much drop at the comb for a scope.

http://www.weaponarts.com/index.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Here is a link to a adjustable butstock for the FAL. The standard stock has way too much drop at the comb for a scope.

www.weaponarts.com/index.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top