Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 6:51:44 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with the DPMS .308?
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one a couple weeks ago.  VERY nice rifle, but realize you are not getting an AR 10 carbine...this thing weighs a ton.  24" bulle barrel on an AR10 sized lower makes for a heavy rifle.  It shoots great...I'm just now getting to the stage where I can shoot five shots in a row hehehe...I'm probably the only guy who has one that's following the recommended break in procedure.  

I've really only shot it for real at a 50 yard range...the first day I took it out was at my 100 yard range, but between cleaning and the oppressive heat/humidiy that day, I didn't really try to do anything but put rounds through it and clean it.  Last 2 times out, it put 5 rounds through one ragged hole, smaller than a dime, with match grade ammo.  It seemed to spray the milsurp I shot through it all over the place...kinda like my FALs.  Only difference is my FALs didn't shoot good ammo any better than the bad stuff lol  

I'd take it out tomorrow, but I'm out of .308, and literally too poor to buy anything worth shooting, so I'll have to wait a bit to get it properly broken in, but I like what I see so far.  

About the only drawback is that it uses proprietary 10 round plastic mags...or it can us the SR-25 mags, but they're around $100 a pop!  

All in all, though, compared to the Armalites and Eagles, you get a lot of rifle for your money...just bear in mind this is like a giant varmint gun, or target rifle, really.  It's not the kind of thing to grab for some casual plinking, so you might want to check it out in person and see if you like it.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up back in May. My main reason for buying it was because it'll take the OLD AR10 waffle mags (with a slight mod.) wich I have. The old waffle mags won't drop free and neither will the 10 rd. plastic mags. As stated above, this is a HEAVY rifle. I've put about 300 rounds through it, about 80 rds. Fed. 168 M. Even with the heavy stock trigger mine shoots very well. I did have some light strikes on surplus 1980 S.A. No problems as far as feed,extraction,ejection. My rifle will shoot surplus Brit RG about as well as the batch of Fed.168M I have. All in all I'm very pleased with the rifle and finally have a use for the old waffles.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine it will shoot 1/2 " @ 200 yds HSM 168 gr/ They tend to like 168 - 180 gr bullets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top