Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 4:45:47 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

after reading how many folks here are impressed with their DPMS rifles I broke down & bought a DMPS M4 upper in pre-ban config with the intention of building a new M4gery.  I am a Colt man when it comes to AR's and have never been one to mix & match upper's & lowers between manufacturers, but I can't seem to find a pre-ban DPMS lower.

1)  Do they exist?  
2)  If so, are they any good?
3)  If no, then what are your suggestions for a quality pre-ban lower that will closely match the dark finish of the DPMS upper?

As always, your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ISMO
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
1) Do they exist?

DPMS 800-578-3767
Below 10300 - Pre-Ban.
Some or all lowers are cast. Black in color. Some lowers are Stainless Steel

(Up top under Articles/Legal at the bottom from serial numbers list)

As to 2) I don't know.  

And 3) - my suggestion would be to check out the equipment exchange here, as to color, others will have to say, as I only have Colt, Bushy and RRA.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey Guys,

after reading how many folks here are impressed with their DPMS rifles I broke down & bought a DMPS M4 upper in pre-ban config with the intention of building a new M4gery.  I am a Colt man when it comes to AR's and have never been one to mix & match upper's & lowers between manufacturers, but I can't seem to find a pre-ban DPMS lower.

1)  Do they exist?  
2)  If so, are they any good?
3)  If no, then what are your suggestions for a quality pre-ban lower that will closely match the dark finish of the DPMS upper?

As always, your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
ISMO

I have a DPMS upper on a pre-ban Olympic Arms lower.  Finish matches well and the fit is excellent.  Oly pre-bans are excellent rifles, IMHO.  Here's a pic:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top