Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2012 8:33:33 AM EDT
Does anyone have any reviews on Ruben Mendiola? He's got an item I'm looking at purchasing. Just thought I'd see if any of you guys have any experience with him.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any reviews on Ruben Mendiola? He's got an item I'm looking at purchasing. Just thought I'd see if any of you guys have any experience with him.

Thanks!!!

He is one of the most trusted names in the NFA worls as far as dealers go.
His prices are usually a bit higher than buying from an individual, but many people are willing to pay the premium to be buying from a known merchant like Ruben.
He's good to go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#2]
The post above mirrors my experience.  I have had two transactions with him and he is a straight shooter in a business where not everybody can be called that.  I say buy or sell with confidence.

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 11:36:35 AM EDT
[#3]
He has an excellent reputation over on the Subguns Board.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I've started the sales process! Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll let you all know how it works out!!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well I've started the sales process! Thanks for the recommendations guys! I'll let you all know how it works out!!!

What you buying/selling?
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you buying/selling?

Breaking into the Sub-Machinegun world with a MAC-10!
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you buying/selling?

Breaking into the Sub-Machinegun world with a MAC-10!

Nice

Link Posted: 1/11/2012 12:41:31 AM EDT
[#9]
No complaints, honest and no BS, highly recommended. You will not be disappointed dealing with him!
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#10]
How long has he been in the business? I remember his ads form back about a decade ago.
Wish we had a high quality NFA dealer in the Panhandle..
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#11]
You'll usually pay a bit more buying from him, but his stuff is usually as listed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How long has he been in the business? I remember his ads form back about a decade ago.

This guy is good: http://www.submachinegun.net/
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Hes the man. Done business with him for about the past 17 years.  Everything goes off without a hitch.  I love his hours too, you can pretty much get a hold of him at any time.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#14]
He is one of few, small, tiny, minority in the Subguns crowd that I trust, he is not cheap though. There are some real scumbags out there but he is highly regarded.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

He has an excellent reputation over on the Subguns Board.

This. ^^^
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought my M11/9 from him last year and things went smoothly. There were better deals out there, but seeing as how I was sending thousands of dollars out of state to buy a gun sight unseen I had no problem paying a premium to buy from a trusted dealer.

Only minor gripe I can think of is neither of the mags the gun came with worked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Seems like he is one of the most reputable dealers to deal with.

His M16A1's always look NIB are they refinished?    
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Only minor gripe I can think of is neither of the mags the gun came with worked.

Funny my M16 I bought from him came with a shitty mag that was actually defective, the spot weld on it was broke, I threw it away.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny my M16 I bought from him came with a shitty mag that was actually defective, the spot weld on it was broke, I threw it away.

Wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think the ad even mentioned mags, so it could have shown up with none I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2012 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#20]
he is good to go!
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I met him once several years ago . He was doing an event for sailors . He is a genuine nice guy and has a stellar reputation. If you go over to Subguns.com there is a recommended dealer list with guys who are honest and good to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/23/2012 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Well he got my money this past week!   so first a Form 3 to my SOT here in town Mid America Arms. Then the long and agonizing wait for a Form 4... then its all mine!!!

Link Posted: 1/23/2012 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:

My favorite dealer in the Panhandle. Very knowledgeable and has been in the business for many decades. To be fair, I've never used him for anything other than title I, but I will be buying my first NFA item from him in the coming weeks.
Still, he's very nice and he has let me play with some of his personal items at a range I work at. He rarely gets to shoot his stuff because there's no close ranges that allow FA.

The only other known C3 dealer in the Panhandle is Jay's and they took forever to send in my friend's Form 4.

Link Posted: 1/24/2012 5:21:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think the ad even mentioned mags, so it could have shown up with none I wouldn't have thought anything of it.  

Just to be clear, I didn't really care about the mag.  I would buy from Ruben again, if i won the lotto, He would be the first NFA seller I would contact and buy up everything he had LOL.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to see another Class 3 dealer in Pcola other than Jays guns, I hate dealing with all their shops. If I ever move back to FWB or if my Dad or sister ever want some NFA items i know where Ill send them now!
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to see another Class 3 dealer in Pcola other than Jays guns, I hate dealing with all their shops. If I ever move back to FWB or if my Dad or sister ever want some NFA items i know where Ill send them now!

Your SISTER buys NFA stuff?

Really?

Link Posted: 1/30/2012 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your SISTER buys NFA stuff?

Really?

No, she's never bought any NFA items but then again she's only 19 and I just bought my first can Saturday.

I could see her buying a can in the future.

Everyone in my family enjoys shooting, I'm the first to venture into NFA items.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Only bought 1 thing from him back in 1994, a C-mag, which was delivered promptly. He has been around for a long time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Form-3 cleared and my new old MAC-10 is on its way to my local dealer! Now just another 6 months and I can take her home and feed it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top