Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 5:12:22 AM EDT
If you own either the new MARPAT or MultiCAM cammies, what SINGLE color would you choose for your gear?  Would you choose OD? Coyote? Tan?  Black? Since I live in the wooded areas of NC, what color would suite here with either?  I am going to guess OD, but what's your preference (and no, ACU cannot be considered a single color )?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Coyote.  Smoke Green/Ranger Green second.  OD would be a third choice.  

Year round, there is always brown.  However, smoke green/ranger green, because it is lighter than OD, and has some grey in it, will be versatile year round too.  OD is rather dark compared to multicam and doesn't go with MARPAT like coyote does.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess the big question is, who makes gear in coyote?  Is this the same as tan or khaki?  I have seen camelbacks in Forrest Green (I really like the Talon) although I think they dropped that color for ACU.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much everyone is making gear in coyote.

However, what is coyote exactly?  It depends on who is making the Cordura.

498 is the shade number the USMC uses.  It is fairly dark.  However, Matt Johnson Khaki (MJK), or what Eagle uses, is a lighter shade, but pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
i would choose coyote, or as the Corps calls it "mojave olive"

the spruce green color for the new Army ACU camo is pretty damn cool and worn by itself it doesnt appear to blend in at all. i may get my next camelback in that color
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Getting gear that matches will be a bear I guess.  Better to go with one vendor who makes it in the color you want.  The three that I have seen that make gear in a kind of dark tan (coyote) are camelbak, BHI, and diamondback?  Anyone else you know of?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
HSGI and Spec Ops Brand have dark coyote too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top