Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2006 5:50:45 PM EDT
Is it better to pop the latch and release the trigger assy. a bit while storing the Garand and M1A? Would it keep the wood from compressing and loosening up after a few years? I've just been popping the trigger guard on mine while stored, but if it's a waste of time or the wearing of the latch would be magnified I'd quit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
If I remember correctly Scott Duff said in his book that it was a good thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked up woon in the dictionary, and I can't figure out how you get it to work with rest of the gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I looked up woon in the dictionary, and I can't figure out how you get it to work with rest of the gun.

I got a woonie!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, so do I.  Most boys and girls have a woon.  Many share a woon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, all my stocks are woon so I guess I'll leave em cracked a bit. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, for wood stocks store them with the TG unlatched.  A good idea is to use a short piece of paracord or a cloth bungy strap to hold the TG in place so it doesn't hit the floor when you remove the rifle from the safe.  Don't ask me how I came up with this idea.

flcracker
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I leave the trigger group unlatched on all M1's and M1A's.  Trigger group is held in place by a tightly bound cotton sling.  HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top