Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 5:45:45 PM EDT
I've been thinking about another 1911 45' i have two full size springfields a stainless and a parkerized.I realy like both. does anyone have any experience with the compact or ulta compact? I've never fired either or known anyone to have one. or should i just go with a glock 36?

tnrifleman.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Colt Officers ACP lightweight enhanced and I love it! This thing is more accurate than many full size 1911's that I've shot. The grip is a little short for some people to be comfortable with but I have small hands and got used to it easily. I haven't had any experience with the Springfields but they should be pretty close.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I too have several full size 1911 pistols from various manufacturers but for last 2 years I been carrying a Kimber SS Ultra Carry in 45ACP.  The little gun is light and accuracy is great but most importantly it is totally reliable.  I shot the compact 45ACP Glock and that thing is not fun to shoot.  The recoil seems to be much worse than the little Kimber.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
i like my lw colt commando,but i really love my kimber ultra carry.the kimber is my constant companion.
clown
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have shot a stainless Kimber Ultra-carry quite a bit.  It is very nice and surprisingly accurate for a small .45, but for me the frame is too small.  I have big hands and like a full size frame much better.  Soon enough that means a pro-carry for me!  I would say you are just going to have to shoot one and see if you like it.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:10:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Series 80 Colt Officers Model Stainless Steel/Enhanced.
Very nice! Accurate, dependable and the recoil is not bad.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a para P-12 limited that is very reliable feeds anything even my crappy reloads and it packs a wallup with 13rounds of golden sabers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:40:46 AM EDT
[#7]
1911greg beat me to it. Nothing to add.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top