Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 8:13:50 AM EDT
Say I gave the owner a completed Form 4 and was paid in full on 2/26/09.

Then I check with the ATF they tell me they received the application on 3/23/09

Can anybody think of a valid reason why this might happen?

What conclusion might I draw from the 27 day lag between when I was ready to mail?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What conclusion might I draw from the 27 day lag between when I was ready to mail?
Thanks

1) USPS misplaced it?

2) ATF misplaced it?

3) Guy you talked to gave you bad info?

4) FFL misplaced it?

5) You misinterpreted what ATF told you?
Any number of things...

I am unaware the ATF is giving out received application dates, so my guess is #3 or #5.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

USPS misplaced it?

ATF misplaced it?

Guy you talked to gave you bad info?

FFL misplaced it?

Any number of things...

Here is my personal favorite:

FFL already collected the $200 and was writing the ATF check, so he wasn't in any great hurry.  Maybe he liked to send 5 or more at a time, so again - he wasn't in any hurry.

The buyer - he was in a hurry.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
What the guy on the phone probably meant to say is that the check was cashed on 3-23-09 which is about a month after you turned it in to the dealer.  If that is the case it sounds like your dealer was Johnny on the Spot getting your paperwork off to atf.  Look at the time line thread, you just need to relax and wait and wait and wait, when your done waiting just wait some more and then wait and wait and wait.  Your form four will be here soon, but first you must wait and wait and wait ....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:36:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What the guy on the phone probably meant to say is that the check was cashed on 3-23-09 which is about a month after you turned it in to the dealer.  If that is the case it sounds like your dealer was Johnny on the Spot getting your paperwork off to atf.  Look at the time line thread, you just need to relax and wait and wait and wait, when your done waiting just wait some more and then wait and wait and wait.  Your form four will be here soon, but first you must wait and wait and wait ....

Good advice - thanks.  Patience id s a virtue I am lacking!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
He lost or forgot about the envelope for a week or two, it took a few days to reach GA, then a week for the ATF to cash it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Heck, I'd be happy w/your timeline.  I've got a form 3 that took 6 months to get to my dealer..  Realistically, it should have transfered to my SOT on a F3 AND then transfered to me on a F4 in the same amount or time or less....

Purchased NFA item Dec 18 2008, and gave the C3 my SOT's info.  
Called SOT Jan 29th? or so and was told it was just mailed jan 23. (mailed 5 weks later???)
March––My SOT called BATFE and gun is "not on file"
March- Orig SOT can't provide a copy of the original Form3 ("they dont keep copies of the form") or confirm the original date it was filed.
April 29- Form is pending
May 29- approved
early June- rec'd by my SOT
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So what else is new.  

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
after the atf strips the money from your form 4 in atl. every thing else is forwarded to va.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what else is new.  

I think I am starting to see the light.  OK, ok - my bad.  I'll stop whining now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top