Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2002 1:33:13 PM EDT
Cetme problem
My friend has a Cetme that will not shoot more than one round at a time,
The receiver is a century arms it seems to me the extractor is to blame or the gas tube.
The bolt is going clear back but not ejecting the case and the next round it jamming up
On to the spent case.
Any body have a similar problem?
Any help would be great.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you have a failure to extract. I have repaired several HK rifles in 223 and 308 that have had this problem on occasion. The problem is that no one seems to disassemble the extractor from the bolt and clean the crud out from under the extractor. The crud builds up and eventually the extractor is moved away from the bore axis and the cartridge case will slip off the extractor. Let me know if this helps. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have personally taken the bolt apart and gave it a good cleaning
But thanks for the advice jarheadgunner.
Thanks for the board OSA im going to give it a look over now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
They have a habit of having incorrectly modified grip frames. The ejector arm is not ridding high enough to catch the head of the fired brass and eject it. Remove the mag, point in a safe direction, visually and physically inspect the chamber to make sure the rifle is empty. While looking in the ejection port slowly pull back the charging handle until you see the ejector arm appear in the groove in the bottom of the bolt. The arm should ride high enough in that groove to the point it is higher than the outer ring of the bolt face and almost touching the top of the groove in the bolt. If it does not ride higher than the outer rim of the bolt face it is not engaging the fired brass enough to eject. That is the most common problem. This can be fixed by getting a correctly modified grip frame and trigger pack. Some have had luck with shimming the receiver ledge that the front of the frame rides on and or adding material to the rear or front of the extractor arm. It doesn't sound like the carrier is bent or your gas tube but don't rule it out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Tact probably has it right, except for the "gas tube", no such animal, no gas system. (cocking tube)
The other big problem with the HK clones is the poor fixtures they use to assemble them. (welding the sheet metal ones and god knows what to those aluminum abortions). Back engineering something is fine, just needs to be done properly.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the correction Waldo, it's been a long day.
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I got ahold of one of the FAC junkers. The chamber was not cut in line with the barrel. And it acted this way.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/14/2002 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the GREAT info.
I will get a chance to work on it Sunday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top