Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 1:11:24 PM EDT
Is the cetme rifle a piece of shit or a decent gun to own?  I know they arent the most expensive guns out there so thats why I am asking.  What kind of accuracy should I be expecting with it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont own one but Century stuff usually sucks ass.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd put it in the shooter grade SKS class for accuracy -- only longer range.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered two at the dealer when I had mine.  My cousin got to them first and picked the best one.  His is good, mine was junk and I sold it.

So, some are good, and others are bad.

For the money they are great guns if you get a good one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So, some are good, and others are bad.

From what I could gather when looking into them, that's pretty much how it goes. It appears like there's more bad ones than good ones, but maybe that's just my perception.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a bad gun for the money...  They used to be very pricey, but those were with like new parts and the better receivers.  I paid close to $600 for mine a couple years back.  Then again, put mine next to the current crop and it looks like a Ferrari sitting next to a Pinto.

I would suggest a Century L1A1 over the Cetme.  A bad FAL/L1A1 is easier to fix - some need minor tweeking, some need to go back to Century, but most work as advertised.  Parts are readily available.  Far easier to care for than the Cetme.  Mags are dirt cheap like the Cetme, but long term probably more plentiful.

If you come to Albany sometime you are welcome to shoot mine.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually you can get a shooting grade L1A1 for about $700 if you look. Just dont buy a Century.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top