Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 7:56:28 PM EDT
Friend has a Century gun that will not cycle when fired.
No matter where the gas valve is set, it wont work.

My thinking that the gasblock is not lined up properly with the gasport on the barrel.
The way he describes it is that little, (if any) gas is getting to the piston to cycle the action.

Any hints to help him solve this problem!!

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Could be the gas block because more likely the monkeys that put the gun together were drunk the day the poor gun was built! Stay away from anything built by Century, it's pure junk.

Another idea it could be that the inlet hole for the gas was not drilled big enough so the gas can't get to the piston. Also I'm not sure if it is possible but maybe the gas is leaking from around gas valve.

Good luck and hopefully you can get her running properly!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]
is the gas plug set in the grenade setting?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is the gas plug set in the grenade setting?

+1 first thing I'd check.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:00:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Subsonic ammo?  Some of the real slow stuff can cause issues in some guns.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like the gas plug is set to 'grenade' like others have already stated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I had the same problem with my STG58 kit on an Imbel receiver (with compliance parts).  What I had to do was take out the front site and put a cleaning rod in the barrel, and I CAREFULLY used a drill to remove a bunch of black carbon/grease material.  DO NOT DRILL OUT THE PORT AND MESS WITH THE SIZE.  Leave that for a gunsmith.  I also had to change my gas piston...the original was slightly longer.  

My rifle runs great and is a pleasure to shoot.  

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top