Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2012 8:30:02 PM EDT
So I have a cross-over type vehicle and I want to keep a rifle in the car so I can stop at range on way home from work if I feel like it.  Especially this time of year I dont have time to make it home and back before it gets dark
Would just be a 22.  Wouldnt want to leave bigger more expensive stuff in the car even if locked

I dont feel comfortable just having it in the car just incase someone breaks in.  I want to secure it somehow.
I was looking around and saw this
http://www.santacruzgunlocks.com/locks/pumpgun.html

Could mount in back under cargo area.  They have ones that you have hidden button to unlock, or a key.
For a shotgun but im sure other guns fit in.

Anybody ever put one of these in?  Im thinking I could even maybe make something myself that I could bolt into the body and secure a rifle.

Kinda looking for ideas/opinions on ways to secure a rifle in a cars trunk/cargo area.  If anybody has any please share
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You could make your own. Get some fairly thick, but flexible, cable and have the ends made into loops and crimped.

Put the rifle under the seat or in the cargo area and run the cable through the trigger guard and around a seat suport or two and lock it with a GOOD padlock. Pull the screan in the cargo area over everything or throw a blanket/towel/jacket over the gun. Might want to wrap electrical tape around the part of the cable that goes through the trigger guard so it doesn't scratch the gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The middle rows in both my trucks flip up...
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I had tried lifting up the back seat see if I could hide under there but its not gonna work.

Actually have little area under cargo area, between the sopare and the tray thing.  So would be under there out of sight.

Not sure if cable would be easy to cut,  its small strands and remember as a kid cutting bike cable off when I lost key and it wasnt hard at all
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I had tried lifting up the back seat see if I could hide under there but its not gonna work.

Actually have little area under cargo area, between the sopare and the tray thing.  So would be under there out of sight.

Not sure if cable would be easy to cut,  its small strands and remember as a kid cutting bike cable off when I lost key and it wasnt hard at all

buy the cable by the foot and build your system,  Do you have a Northern Tool or anything like that nearby??

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top