Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2009 9:38:20 AM EDT
And if so, where can I find one? A buddy is looking for one.

I guess it slips over the original FH.

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
USGI recoil compensator. Used for full auto fire.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thanks! Anybody still selling these?
(Funny you posted this, I've been quoting scenes from the Holy Grail all morning...
)

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks! Anybody still selling these?

(Funny you posted this, I've been quoting scenes from the Holy Grail all morning... )

They are still fairly common. Most suppliers that still carry USGI parts should have them. Fulton, Orion 7, Bill Ricca, perhaps even Brownells has them.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#4]
E2 compensator.

ETA: Take it off with some frequency and clean the interior of the compensator and exterior of the f/h or they will become "one with each other".
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 10:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/27/2009 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Your buddy will need to have a usgi style flash hider with a bayonet lug. The compensator uses the lug to lock on.
Link Posted: 10/27/2009 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Knock offs are much more common than the genuine article.

JR
Link Posted: 10/28/2009 4:42:51 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the knock-offs. Originals are very scarce, and I wouldnt buy one purported to be original unless it came from Bill Ricca.

Designed originally to be used with the pistol gripped E2 stock, 3 point sling, and GI bipod.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:57:24 AM EDT
[#9]

This is a commercial reproduction M14E2 muzzle stabilizer made years ago by Ray Kryza.  The commercial reproduction models made by SARCO don't have a part number on the yoke.  AFAIK, no one is making these today.  Bill Ricca taught me how to identify the real USGI models from the reproductions.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is a commercial reproduction M14E2 muzzle stabilizer made years ago by Ray Kryza.  The commercial reproduction models made by SARCO don't have a part number on the yoke.  AFAIK, no one is making these today.  Bill Ricca taught me how to identify the real USGI models from the reproductions.

wow, that's a name from way back in the past (at least for me)

is he still around??

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't know, Bill Ricca likely does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top