Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 3:29:10 AM EDT
Can someone point me at a link for magazine regs, by state?

Thanks in advance!
Paul
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a link for you but yes you can ship hi-cap mags to NY. Just not NYC if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#2]
yes. anywhere in New York except the five boroughs of New York City.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:33:36 AM EDT
[#3]
As a test, you can ship them to me
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 5:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Is the prohibition on "shipping to" or "possesing in"?  
Wondering if the law would be violated by the shipper or the receiever of the mags.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wondering if the law would be violated by the shipper or the receiever of the mags.

that i don't know for sure. but in theory, i would think that it takes two to tango. if you were a legal class III holder (in PA, let's say), and you transfered an M16 to me in NY, i think we'd both get flushed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#6]
In a word, yes.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys....I think I got it. I can ship them to NY as long as I drive through NJ and ship them to NY thru a Penn. FFL Class 3 dealer. Those 2 go to jail but I'm OK.

They went out about an hour ago!!

Thanks,
Paul
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

as long as its not NYC or westchester your fine.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I got a 30 round mag the other day for the 1st time, and I'm in Indiana. The mag was marked in 86' so they are legal here?, fo some reason?,
but other than that they are illegal here two so?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#10]
LongIslandShooter, Plesae don't lump Westchester in with NYC.  Regular capicity (ie: "high cap".) mags are still legal to own and sell in this neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LongIslandShooter, Plesae don't lump Westchester in with NYC.  Regular capicity (ie: "high cap".) mags are still legal to own and sell in this neck of the woods.

sorry, I thought there were 20+ round mag restrictions in westchester.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top