Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 6:56:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure it's been trimmed.

Drop a cleaning rod down the barrel and measure it. The barrel should be 25.2 inches long.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, it's been cut back.

The front sight base looks like it's in the right spot, but the muzzle has been set back quite a bit.

Compare to this Longbranch...which shows you a good 1.25" beyond the front of the sight base.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just put a deposit on a Longbranch that is one of the cleanest ones I've seen.

However..................Bubba has reared his ugly head!

I'm not worried about replacing the wood or finding the missing hardware but the gunstore guy said it looked to him like the barrel had been trimmed.

Caveat: I have never restored a bubba, but know some who have.

At the Lee-Enfield Collectors Forum (used to be at gunandknife.com before the owner got sick of it all) some guys have restored bubbaized Mk 4s by getting new barrels (still in green wrap) from South Africa, new stock wood from Numrich Gun Parts, and metal bits from marstar.ca.

They have got some spectacular results with a minimum of investment. It's not an impossible job.

Go to: p102.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm49 and ask away.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I found this and it looks like the perfect solution to this problem.

www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=527230&chrSuperSKU=&MC

There you go! That looks like a great idea!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It gets better!

I can just buy the flashider for another $30.00 and end up with this!

www.centuryarms.com/catalog/images/72l_RI1232_p.jpg

A dislocated shoulder?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top