Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/7/2007 11:03:45 AM EDT
I found a Camp Carbine in basically brand new condition, and a good price... anyone have any input on it for me if I should buy it? Positives and Negatives? Or if you could share any personal experiece you have had with one. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:53:02 AM EDT
Alright, sounds awesome to me! How is she on accuracy?
btw- I think im gonna pass up on that new .22 MP5 for this, because of only 10 round mags So the carbine looks like a better choice especially with ammo being cheaper than say my .308 or .223! thanks for the help so far!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:12:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By seargeantjim:
Alright, sounds awesome to me! How is she on accuracy?
btw- I think im gonna pass up on that new .22 MP5 for this, because of only 10 round mags So the carbine looks like a better choice especially with ammo being cheaper than say my .308 or .223! thanks for the help so far!

Accuracy, like any Marlin is excellent. S&W 59/69 series 12- 15 mags work. I even had great luck with TripleK 30 rounders.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:11:30 AM EDT
thats good to hear weptek911, I was hoping for that. And the mags, im glad to hear about that since theyre in such plentiful amounts and somewhat cheap- I even saw a guy that had the suomi sub-machine gun 72 round drum on it... crazy!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:20:25 AM EDT
Ammo's cheap (realtively; definitely if you reload), mags are easy to get, mechanism is simple. Mag safety is lame, I've gotta' look at that.

I have both 9 and .45 camp rifles. The 9mm was a gunshow find 2 years ago. She has a choate folder and a Russian Kobra red dot. The gun came with 25 and 30 round mags that work perfectly, no maker's stamp on either.

The .45 came about a year ago, looked unfired in the box.

They're great guns. I'd suggest a higher strength Wolfe recoil spring. Keep an eye on the bolt buffer.

-hanko
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:00:19 AM EDT
Ive bought springs before from them, what weight do you reccomend?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:38:47 PM EDT
One big "negative" is that Marlin discontinued them several years ago.
Top Top