Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/31/2006 3:01:22 PM EDT
Is the real tree type finish on the hunting shotguns like duracoat? Or is it some kind of high speed powdercoat? Baked on epoxy? And how do they get the picture perfect pattern? Can you buy what they use?

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:29:24 AM EDT
I figured ya'll would be all over this? Wrong forum?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 2:10:21 PM EDT by Mach1]
It's a film dipped finish . It's not paint, but ink that is on water soluble film. The part is dunked in a tank, and the pattern takes hold. That's the way I understand it.
Top Top