Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:51:10 AM EDT
It has been months since I saw a rundown on what camera adapters work well.
Long enough that a search turns up little of what I saw here back then.

My interest is in using 35mm-type digital cameras behind the PVS-14 and the IR Patrol which has the same eyepiece.
I'll get a camera like the Nikon D40 for the purpose.

What lens and adapter do you suggest for the finest pictures?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
What lens are you using on the camera, Paul? If it's adjustable, about what zoom setting are you settling on?

I'd like to get a D40-ish camera and select the best correct lens for use in this dedicated application.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I never tried it, but THIS was posted once before as working.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use the PVS-14 adapter TNVS sells and a series of step down rings to match some of my lens.
View Quote

Same here, been using it for years.

What I am waiting for is the GoPro adaptor for PVS-14 we saw debuted at SHOT.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I know, I have learned to accept SHOT + 9 months. Painful, but I accept it.

LUX Liners for Base Jump should be coming soon too!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I use the PVS-14 adapter TNVS sells and a series of step down rings to match some of my lens.

Me too, just make sure the digital camera you plan on using has a threaded lens, you can use any magnification with the auto focus for photos and videos.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks you guys. I am reading all of the remarks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Subscribed for updates.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Pro adapter
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Pro adapter

The problems with the adapter that you linked from Ebay are the fact that it occludes your view through the PVS14. And, the Ebay info. in contradictory:

"This is a custom 3D Printed adapter piece made to adapt a standard Gopro Hero 3 case to attach directly on the back of a standard PVS-14.  The case works with Hero 3, Hero 3+, and Hero 4 cameras.  Video quality is quite good, and the ring is durable.  

What you get:
Adapter piece (ONLY!)
Instructions:
- Use a Go Pro Hero 3 case (Not 3+ or 4)"

It says the case works with Hero 3, Hero 3+, and Hero 4. Then it says " Use a Go Pro Hero 3 case (NOT 3+ or 4)" I think I'll wait for the TNVC unit that does not occlude your view through the PVS14, that is a deal breaker for me. I want to be able to see what I am filming.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The problems with the adapter that you linked from Ebay are the fact that it occludes your view through the PVS14. And, the Ebay info. in contradictory:

"This is a custom 3D Printed adapter piece made to adapt a standard Gopro Hero 3 case to attach directly on the back of a standard PVS-14.  The case works with Hero 3, Hero 3+, and Hero 4 cameras.  Video quality is quite good, and the ring is durable.  

What you get:
Adapter piece (ONLY!)
Instructions:

It says the case works with Hero 3, Hero 3+, and Hero 4. Then it says " Use a Go Pro Hero 3 case (NOT 3+ or 4)" I think I'll wait for the TNVC unit that does not occlude your view through the PVS14, that is a deal breaker for me. I want to be able to see what I am filming.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Pro adapter

What you get:
Adapter piece (ONLY!)
Instructions:

It's $14 plus shipping. Was looking for a adapter for a camera I'm going to buy and stumbled on this. The camera I'm getting is the Nikon 3200 with two lenses. I have no clue how to mount my pvs 14.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top