Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 5:22:12 PM EDT
Buddy of mine just got a used calico 9mm. Real cool toy.. We had our first trip to the range today.
Everything was going good until the first burst. The cyclic rate was so fast we were not sure what had happened. Well every third or forth trigger pull yielded a burst of varying degree.

We have been searching all over to find information as to what parts we need to look at and replace to make the thing work correctly. Gunsmiths around here do not  know to much about it.Any advice?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Your hammer sear is worn, either on purpose or by cheap/poor design. Could be both, too. The trigger isn't catching the sear which holds back the hammer/firing pin, basically.

These guns have never been known too much for quality. I would be tempted to trade it in on something else.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know if this is any help. Had an M-100 that needed some parts, found this link, called the telephone number, says its calico, but all I ever got was an answering machine, but it DID say it was Calico. Maybe the parts are still available.

mem.tcon.net/users/5010/5491/calicoparts.htm

Top of the page is M-100 .22 LR, 9mm is closer to the bottom.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have over 5K rounds through my Liberty I, and never had any sort of problem with it other then when I don't wind tha magazine enough. I'm guessing that someone likley wore the sear down on purpose...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.. only a few hours and I get my obscure question answered. Ar15.com never ceases to amaze me..
Thanks Guys!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have over 5K rounds through my Liberty I, and never had any sort of problem with it other then when I don't wind tha magazine enough. I'm guessing that someone likley wore the sear down on purpose...

I think it is a cool toy.. he bought it from a gun range up north. they must have known about this problem..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top